Sunday, February 28, 2016

A bow gift...Christ present to us in the hardest times

Sweet Mary in her yellow jacket and yellow bow after mass today... " Mom, told me that you would like my bow with her sweet humble smile."  "Yes!  Tell me the story of your bow."  "I found the ribbon and mom helped me tie it in my hair, and she said that grandma would like it."  So True!  After having my 4 girls in a row, it seems like a personal gift when the girls wear a bow just for me!  Such a special gift reminding me of my nest years with my kids... the best!
Rose with a rose that I found and a snuggly kitty yesterday while slow and steady progress is being made on the house and the move draws ever closer. 
It felt a step closer and so exciting to bring in this table and chairs from the deck, wash it up with the sunlight pouring in the new windows and then...
Water color time!  Love these special times with the grandkids and getting a notion of what living on the farm will be for them.  Rose went out to bottle feed the orphan calf... Ruth took those pictures and I am looking forward to seeing them, too!
Grandma painted them while they painted, and we all had a great time in the new kitchen!
Mom working endlessly while the kids are enjoying some time in their new house doing a different kind of painting!
Back to Mary's special bow for grandma this morning - the 3rd Sunday of Lent with the readings starting with God in the Holy ground/burning bush in Exodus 3.  There are many times when we see God/Christ in the times of fire and shocking moments in our lives.  As Hallel writes to John in her card to him recently...Your story of finding Faith through brain cancer shows how the mercy of God was always present even in the hardest times.  It seems that during the storms of life we are filled overwhelmed with fear and turn to Jesus and give the control over to him!  Moses removes his shoes as he is on Holy Ground and "hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God."  We are weak and sinful and humbly beseech Jesus to carry us in his loving and forgiving arms... feed us with His Body and Blood so that we may become Christ to the world and unlike the fig tree - when the gardener "I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit for the future..." Luke 13:9 The Gospel today! 
The girls come along with grandpa and grandma for time with great-grandma and sharing Jesus in The Word, and in His Body/Eucharist!  Mary did a wonderful job reading the second reading from I Corinthians 10 as we gathered today!  "Therefore, whoever thinks he is standing secure should take care not to fall."  We are not secure if we depend upon ourselves - we need to die to our selfishness and give our entire body, mind and soul to Jesus and with the help of His Bride, The Church, find our way down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross!  The Church is there to help us get to heaven forever with Jesus, so do not pick and choose but hold all as Truth by which we are called to live our lives here on earth!  If we do this we can find a small slice of heaven in our domestic Church/family.
Mary will soon be 9 and a few weeks later Rose will be 4... 5 years apart and sharing sister time with their grandparents and great grandma.  They also now share a bedroom, but that will probably change when they move to the farm.  It would be special if they wanted to continue to share!
Mary showing that Rose is the right height for an arm rest... too fun!

Jesus, I am filled with the wonder at the small ways you remind me of the great gift of LIFE and raising LIGHTS for you with the help of your amazing wonderful glorious Church!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html I love, love, love The Catholic Church and how you called my family into your Church against the tide after Vatican II!  http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
I am filled with so much gratitude as you continually prune me, water me, feed me, cultivate me, fertilize me with more richness and Truth than I can ever take fully in - so that if I am humble and die to self you will bring forth Fruit/LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE for this world of sin and darkness and lies of Satan.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
So much love surrounds us as we stumble down the narrow path... may we return that to all those we encounter on this journey.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

ST Therese hear our plea....

The Samaritan woman at the well!  So powerful!

"That moment when you try to explain to Jesus how hard your life has been lately." 
Doesn't this hit home?  So true!
Jeremy Camp - Christ in me
Natalie Grant - Burn Bright
Lauren Daigle - I am yours

No comments:

Post a Comment