Friday, February 19, 2016

Agony... anticipating excruciating pain

Lots of time with Ruth's two youngest as the work on their farmhouse is making leaps and strides!  Today the painting is done and the cupboards under the windows are in, and the construction crew is working on making the floor even... all 63 feet! 
Kind of getting the idea of what our great new canning kitchen with an amazing view of the farmyard will be like!  "They put my sink in there so that I could see how it looks."

Shared mass this morning after the men's group... so great to see so many men attending This Man is You.  Driving home with rosary in hand - the Sorrowful mysteries today... the first sorrowful mystery is The Agony in the Garden brought thoughts of Jesus knowing he was to suffer excruciating pain and foremost bear all our sins - the spotless Lamb sacrificed for the sins of the world!  The worst pain I have ever had, other than childbirth, is my knee and hip replacement.  The first few weeks are so hard and filled with pain both physical and mental.  After experiencing both I would totally dread the thought of doing the other side.  I would agonize about it!  I must say that the pain of childbirth never caused me to not want the next child with all my soul, heart and soul!  I have heard this saying, have you?  "If I were the only person in the world, Jesus would have died for me."  Jesus sweated blood in agony as he approached his total sacrifice, yet he embraced the Cross and brought LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT into the world!
The sun setting from the windows of my future home last evening.  I am slowly learning about things like how to run the dishwasher... 

The Sorrowful mysteries walk with me this day of prayer... reminding me of how the suffering of pain has brought JOY and healing to me.  The pains of childbirth are forgotten as soon as that new life is in my arms.  The pains of replacing my damaged and worn out joints leads to healing and no more pain after 6 months of work and healing!  Yes, there is much in life that is agonizing pain whether physical, mental, emotional or spiritual, but if we realize that Jesus is in control and we need to give all over to him... then we can receive the grace to suffer and find the gifts that come from accepting and embracing our Most Cherished Cross to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Came down this morning to the sight of a melting windswept world outside - nice to have the plastic off the windows again.
"People comment on the big picture window... they don't realize that it has always been there all these years.  Now that it is all open you really see it and appreciate how it is a wall of window."  That angel that Maria stenciled on it over 20 years ago continues to pour sweet blessings upon our farm - soon to be Ruth and Paul's with their 5 wonderful farm kids!

Jesus, there is a pain that you addressed in the Gospel today which lies in the heart- emotional and spiritual pain that we hold onto called anger/hatred towards our brother!  May we forgive one another and let go of the anger and resentment and hatred for others - most especially those the closest to us in domestic Church/family.  Why is it that the ones we are to love the most we treat the worst?  May we recall the Mercy we have been shown and return that without counting the cost to those we encounter this day.  I trust in the Lord; my soul trusts in his word.  My soul waits for the Lord more than sentinels for the dawn... If you, O Lord, mark iniquities , who can stand?  Psalm 130 from mass today.  May I recall all my selfishness and humbly turn to you this day and always.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
Ruth uncovered the banister which they have had covered for 6 weeks - a sign of progress - time to give it a good cleaning so that more dust can gather with the floor work, but it all feels like a sign of progress.  There are some things about her old farmhouse that Ruth does protect and appreciate.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke



Lord, you are in control in the storms of life!
Casting Crowns - Praise you in the Storm

A few days ago, but so true!  This describes Hallel and The Community of the Lamb and how they chew the Gospel starting the night before!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
Francesca Batistelli - lead me to the Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment