Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Home again, snow again...

Back to winter... It is good to be home!  We waited out the storm, and got a early start this morning to find the roads in good shape.
63 feet of open living space now in our home - soon to be Ruth and Paul's.  Soon paint will be on these walls and the kitchen take shape.  It is nice to see the bright clean look replacing the bare walls.  Lots of talk among our girls about this new canning kitchen as Pat brought a pickup load of canning and meat for Nancy and Maria.  Many hours spent here doing the family jobs of the farm and watching the outside jobs from all her wonderful windows.
After spending close to 3 1/2 weeks away from the farm which is in the midst of a huge remodel...  My biggest accomplishment?  Getting to know these two new grandsons and they gave grandma lots of hugs and smiles! 
Snuggles were to be had for grandma as she was a bit like a fish out of her water.... being away for so long surrounded by little ones 24/7 was a lot!  Thanks little boys for giving me some peaceful loving comfort!
Many times I would look up and the two of them would be looking around the corner and smiling at grandma. 

The olders were not so interested in grandma, and so these little cuties gave me so much.  Thank you!
Then there is my youngest grandson, Romeo.  He is really blossoming and I was given the gift of a fun night of just the two of us bonding with s movie and a bubble sink.
Dominic I am sure you are missing your grandpa tonight.  It was so great to get to know the sweet boy you are, and we hope your eyes light up with recognition the next time you see grandma and grandpa!
Dominic sure loves his grandpa, and it was so nice to have some wonderful time together. 
After almost a month of brown winter in Kansas and Missouri... I guess it has been winter here all the time.  It is pretty and feels like home!
 
 
Time to shift gears for lent starting tomorrow.  I feel the need to crack down on myself as I got in touch with my selfishness and indulgence being out of my comfort zone.  Lord, I need to die to self so that you may live in me.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
You guys made this month very special for grandma!
A blessing song from our Little Sisters before we went to see Maria and family on base.  Having them close will be wonderful for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment