Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Snow day birthday #27 John!

It is a big day today!  Nancy and Bill are off to close on their new home here in KC, and I just got off the phone to wish John a happy 27th birthday.  Our world in KC is brown and cooler than the 56 of yesterday, but there is huge mountains of snow in Marshall/Tracy due to the inches of snow they received blown by huge winds.  "School has been called off for the day in Tracy, so that means no Faith Formation tonight.  I am all alone snowed in for my birthday."  If it weren't his birthday he would probably be thrilled to have a free day.  I told him to go and get himself a blizzard cake at DQ and dive in!
Flowers and wine for a picnic celebration in their new home tonight with the painting of yesterday... missing my husband farmer, who has a big day due to the snow!  I think John will be on my theme for today... one last day to paint before Pat hopefully arrives tomorrow! 
John you are far from alone!  This motley crazy bunch is always with you on this journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  "Mom, for my birthday I want you to come and cook a meal in my apartment sometime."  Done! 
John and Hallel teasing Rose about peeps.  It is common knowledge in the family that Hallel loves Peeps, so they are usually sent to her in her Easter package.  Last Easter she was in KC here at Lumen Christi/Light of Christ, so we got to see her and get a real hug!  John is possibly going to hear from Hallel today on his birthday.  Now that is something that he certainly would love!  They are very close!
 Simon holding John's hand during Easter mass... so special to share this small slice of heaven!
Precious time shared - hopefully they will get to share on the phone today.
John and Hallel with St Agnes at The Monastery here in KC at Easter. 

The Gospel today is one of those hard and disappointing ones for Jesus and each one of us... he is in his home territory and "they took offense at him."  And "He was amazed at their lack of faith."  Mark 6.   How this sounds so much like John's story of finding faith through brain cancer, after growing up in "a Catholic bubble." 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html  Thankfully I have devoted a page for this and will not rehash it here now.
My first time to Trader Joe's - mango sorbet and flowers and wine for our special celebration today!  Mom and dad returned home after closing on their new home - "Do you know what we bought for you?"  they asked the kids.  "Doughnuts?"  "No, a new house in Kansas City!"  Life is filled with huge changes in our family all at once!

Jesus is also disappointed in us, his followers, if we begin to think that all life is fine and dandy and we can handle things on our own.  Hence, we see that we are constantly placed in situations of difficulty so that we remember to fall on our knees when we can't stand against the arrows of life.   Rarely is life a bed of roses and knowing that when I am weak is when I turn to Jesus... I long to always be small and in need of Him!
We have been sharing watercoloring together - grandma and the two oldest grandkids.  How I love that special time with them!  Gus's from yesterday complete with beautiful bright wonderful color and crosses!  So special with our bright sunflowers in Kansas... The sunflower state!
Celebrate Johnny!

The Psalm today speaks to all of us that struggle with holding onto our Faith
Psalm 32
For this shall every faithful man pray to you in time of stress.
Though deep waters overflow,
they shall not reach him.
Lord, forgive the wrong I have done.

You are my shelter; from distress you will preserve me;
with glad cries of freedom you will ring me round.
Yes, I am out of my comfort zone, but that keeps me on my knees!
My humble attempt at therapy - missing my husband/life with him.  Maybe tomorrow we will be reunited.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
A small display in KC on this special day.
I am lifted up on her lap and taken to Jesus!
The Saint that is just me - Danielle Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment