Saturday, March 5, 2016

Morning awash with tears...

Rose with the calf bottle down by the old farm sink in the basement - the sink I use these days to wash my dishes after meals in my makeshift basement kitchen.  No dishwasher now.  I will be feeding 9 people a farm dinner hot dish in about an hour down there.  Yikes!  Chances are we will eat in shifts with all the activity going on around here with calving.  The kids just went out and watched a cow have her calf.  The first one since midnight, but yesterday we had 6 down from 10 the day before. 
Dad helps Rose fill the bottle with milk replacer for Hillary our orphan calf.  She gets a bottle twice a day and the kids like to have this fun job.
 
Tears are my companion this morning - more than usual.  Starting with sharing this heart rending story with Pat this morning...
http://www.motheringspirit.com/2016/03/this-is-the-story-i-have-to-tell-you/  about the loss of identical twin girls yet the joy of the miracle of LIFE!  Please take the time to read and weep!
Dad's hand is strong and special time shared - Rose is carrying the bottle out to feed the orphan calf.
 
Pat and I were blessed with sharing morning prayer together before I headed in for first Saturday mass and confession while the sorrowful mysteries/rosary was prayed throughout the Church.  Yes, cleansing contrite prayers in the confessional are common for me!  How I love you, Jesus, and fall at your feet with humbly to lay all my sins at your feet.  I am forgiven no matter how unworthy I am... much like the tax collector in the Gospel today..."O God, be merciful to me a sinner."
Thanks Ruth for the wonderful pictures you gift to me.  You don't have the time to blog, but can manage a few pictures for old mom, and I carve out the time to share from my heart probably too much.  The kids say that this is my therapy, and I hope also somewhat a way of evangelizing my Faith and love, love, love of The Catholic Church! 
Love the light and the faces of each. 
 
I sat in the peaceful church after mass and did my litany of our family names including middle and saint names... quite an amazing list of the great names of The Church and my phone let me know that John was calling as he traveled from the TEC retreat to speak for a CCW gathering and share his story.  More tears?  Yes, as I shared with him prayer and insight into his story of sharing the "miracles" and getting away from the timeline.  Also asking for prayer needs at the end and praying aloud right then and there as his ministry has blossomed in returning the LOVE through Prayer no matter where for all the needs he encounters.
The two smiling faces?
 
More tears as I spoke with Ruth about our lives in this crazy time... good tears that wash away the hard times we all are facing.  Thoroughly wash me from my guilt and of my sin cleanse me.  It is mercy I desire not sacrifice.  Psalm 51 from mass today.  Tears are like that for me - happy or sad they pour forth and show the depth of my emotion and hurt and joy!  From the first reading from Hosea 6..."his judgment shines forth like the light of day!  He will come to us like the rain, like spring rain that waters the earth."  I do feel that a morning of tears is a morning of powerful experience of the Mercy and LOVE of Jesus for me!
The new farm sink is in!  The view on all sides is all we had hoped it would be... Ruth's vision for the farm are truly a beautiful one!
 
Jesus, how I weep at all you have done for me.  Even the hard times are gifts of your cross which bring to me LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/The Way/The Truth/ The LIFE- you Jesus alive and well in my life.  Surely, I have reason to weep for sorrow or for JOY!  The JOY is so immense and overwhelming that the spring rains water my heart, mind, and soul to bring forth the Fruits of the Holy Spirit!  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  Galatians 5:22  May they recognize you in me, my Jesus.  May I die to self so that you may live in me. Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
The floor is done... being able to see the driveway from the kitchen is a whole new experience, and to see the front of the shop and all going on in the yard in front of you while standing at the sink... Wow!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Mary standing at the sink... watching the show called Faith/Family/Farm out the window.  Many canning projects will happen here!
All 63 feet is done... now plumbing, counter tops, and we can start to live here and share farm life and yes there will be tears from time to time especially from this old lady... "What else is new mom."  the response of my kids when I tell them that I cried for joy or sorrow about something.
Paul's office and my glass of wine last night...
Ruth is Pat's main helper outside and I help out with her kids.  Thanks, Ruth.  They are ready to live on the farm!
playdough in the art area under the dragon fly lamp!
One more for good measure - thanks Ruth for your wonderful camera. 
Yes!




Lauren Daigle - Trust in you

No comments:

Post a Comment