Thursday, March 24, 2016

Triduum begins and holds The Big Change!

Tomorrow this will be home!  Today I am here early, and driving up to it with the white cover of winter... it struck me that this is really happening and Good Friday will be like none other!
A welcoming sight on this early spring morn...  Paul has been good about putting signs on the barn.  I will probably have to be really nice to him, so that he will continue to announce happy times here. 

The day is almost half over due to this and that.  It is nearly impossible for me to find a small island of peace in the midst of LIFE, but I try to share bits and pieces here on my blog.  As the girls tell me - "Your blog is your therapy mom."  Well, I like to think that I am sharing a bit of the Truth, too.  That is what really burns in me each day as I read the readings over and over morning and night... Jesus wants me to share His LIGHT with all those that care to listen.  Yes, I am flawed and weak and poor at it all, but I do feel that thanks to the Crosses in my life and my coming into the True Church with my family of 13 over 45 years ago... I do have a burning message to share far and wide!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Their beautiful wonderful wrap around porch where many family meals have happened over the years... now they wish to add one to the farm house this summer!  I have Mary here with me, too!

Such powerful readings today - The Passover from Exodus 12... the spotless Lamb's blood saved them!  I Corinthians 11....as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes.  That death that brought LIFE into the world and gave us food for the journey down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most Cherished Cross... the Eucharist!  And finally John 13:1-15 in which Jesus institutes the Eucharist , and shows us how we are to love and serve by washing the feet of the disciples gathered there.  "If I, therefore, the master and teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash one another's feet.  I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do."  We are called to love and serve without counting the cost and certainly with heartfelt humility knowing that God washes our feet with his endless love and mercy no matter how sinful we are!
A view of the porch on my home starting tomorrow!  The dog will come with the family as will her ball.

Jesus, you give us boundless amounts of help each day for this journey we are making.  We are filled with gratitude and long to die more and more to our selfishness so that we may give and give and give some more, and get down on our knees and lovingly wash the feet of all those we encounter... most especially those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family.  Jesus, we gather to worship and travel with you down the way of the Cross in this Triduum starting today.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
Longing for peaceful times and so in love with Mary, who is always walking with me each moment of each day.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Bright and filled with LIGHT... soon it will be an ocean of green with spring soon to be here!

Love!







No comments:

Post a Comment