Friday, April 15, 2016

Blinding/Blind Faith!

The kids were here!  We went from time in the barn with the pigs, bunnies and chickens, and talk about getting 50 broiler chicks any day, to trying on a second hand jean jacket that fit like it was made for Mary's birthday in a few days, to finding some costume butterfly wings which Rose requested for her birthday in a few weeks, and then pulling out the box of bells that Susan/Hallel collected from my parents and picking one out each to take home.  I would like to think that the bell would be a cherished keepsake to remind them of Little Sister Hallel, but I am afraid they will be in pieces in short order. Maybe they will be cherished pieces then? 

It was a day all about Susan for me yesterday... with putting away her 18+ scrapbooks, a box of her trophies and TEC Bible and special things, and looking at a special book I had made for her first Communion on April 17, 1994, and then her box of bells... My Susan/Hallel is so strongly with me today!  As Pat was telling me - "She would be telling you to just get rid of it!"  Yes, you are probably right, but...  I am not quite ready for that.  I guess the bell thing started because I came across a tiny metal bell with St Catherine of Sienna on it, and I plan to send it to Hallel with her Easter package... yes, it is a bit late, but it is still Easter Season right?
David and his bunny on the way out to get some fresh grass for her and her sister. 

As I was reading the readings for today - the Conversion of St Paul from Acts 9:1-20 and the ongoing John 6 - "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood, you do not have life within you.  Whoever eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.  For my Flesh is true food, and my Blood is true drink..."  It struck me how much Faith the disciples had to have not to be totally grossed out and appalled at these words of Jesus to them.  Jesus speaks so strongly and emphatically that this is the Truth and there is no other way around it.  I can see why some at this point walked away, yet not those closest to him... the 12!
Mary posing in her birthday jacket.  "You keep it grandma and give it to me to wear on Tuesday for my 10th birthday.  I really do like it!"  Mom... see how it fits her just like it was made for her!  I believe in the miracle of second hand!  I will have to have it in many of her birthday pictures this year!

As I was out in the wind at the clothesline this morning pondering this "blind faith" of the disciples and how they trusted in this Truth.  You can almost hear them saying in their hearts, minds and souls - "Yes, this is radical to hear, but this is the Son of God and we have seen proof positive of this over and over, so if he says this we believe it and will do as he asks of us."
Rose and Luke were just here with Ruth to see the pigs and to pick the eggs.  Ruth also helped me move some furniture so that I can put away more stuff!  A good feeling indeed!

It made me smile to say "blind faith" and then to realize that the first reading about Paul being struck down by The LIGHT and blinded as Jesus comes to him on the road to Damascus.  St Paul truly came to know Jesus in the midst of blind faith!  Like us, Saul never met Jesus when he walked on the earth, but he had evil intentions and hatred for Jesus and his followers until he was struck down with LOVE and Truth!  After he is prayed over and his sight restored... he began at once to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues,  that he is the Son of God.  Can you imagine how earth shaking seeing Paul totally reverse himself would be for those around him?   Jesus, comes to us no matter where our hearts and minds are at... He will bring us back with his dying for us, and in return we are called to "suffer for my name."  How can we desire that?  We do when we realize that by embracing our Cross we find eternal LIFE, unconditional LOVE and LIGHT everlasting, and the promise that we will be forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary, and the Saints!
A picture I found of Susan from the paper when she was Mother Superior in Nunsense, one of her bells which happens to be an angel and a small antique plate I found in her box of bells... the reflection of the dining room chairs looks like wings!  Susan/Hallel I miss you, but it is such a blessing to know of your prayers each day for your family.

Jesus, we see now that the Miracle of The Eucharist is in the form of Bread and Wine, yet it is Your Body and Blood!  May we hold that Truth ever in our hearts and approach each partaking of your Body and Blood with hearts filled with adoration and LOVE.  May we grow ever closer to you and may The Holy Spirit come into us and dwell with us richly forever!  Yes, St Paul did meet you and you entered him with his being struck blind, baptized, prayed over for healing, and sharing with the Eucharist as St Peter formed The Church and became the first pope... may we cling to The True Church!  Send many young men to enter the priesthood and keep LIFE in this world!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Windblown after putting clothes on the line.  Go out to all the world and tell the Good News.  Mk 16:15 used as the refrain in the Psalm today...Psalm 117... Praise the Lord, all you nations; glorify him, all you peoples!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Hail Marys while putting clothes in the line in the bright spring sun and the strong winds...It is good to look up and see her there always walking with me.  I am weak and need all the help I can get!
Filling up and taking shape... the leather couch is now out, my bookcase is up and ready for books, and we moved my loveseat into the kitchen.  Thanks, Ruth for stopping me and giving me some help.
This is lovely to see... I do feel some guilt about not really being able to get to daily mass at this point in my life.  But I do love and devour The Word starting the night before!  It is truly a wonderful medicine/my Jesus in The Word!

Hard to believe, but good to be reminded of.



So precious, and wouldn't life be happier without all the stuff?  Yes!

St John Paul II doing the office!  Such a wonderful picture and so powerful to me after spending an overnight with my parents and starting the new day with them doing the office - they each in their well worn prayer books as they have shared this each morning for the last 40 years, since Dad was ordained as a permanent deacon in The Catholic Church, and I have it on my phone thanks to John since a year in seminary.  One of my favorite things to share this with my parents and with John when we are together here and there.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The Church and her wisdom!

Borrowing some of Nancy's pictures... so special!
http://thegreatgusadventure.blogspot.com/2016/04/a-few-silly-april-shots-of-family.html

Yikes!

We miss you!

Getting so big - he will be 5 when the new sister arrives or shortly there after! 

Rose was just here Berna... it would be so fun to have the two of you running around together today.  Sometime soon - we can hope!
Aarron Shust - My Hope is in you, Lord!
Danielle Rose - True LOVE - The Cross!
Lauren Daigle - Trust in you

No comments:

Post a Comment