Saturday, April 30, 2016

"I have chosen you out of the world." John 15

Ruth with Luke and her niece, Abby, going through the mud in the yard after about 3 inches of rain earlier in the week.  Rubber boots are a must on the farm!

After a day of the flu... the wind has been taken out of my sails a bit.  I am also stressed not to have my Magnificat for tomorrow - May.  With the move it is not here, and I am so dependent on it for morning and evening prayers and the readings.  I know that I can find them elsewhere and I will, but I am sad and all quivery inside partly due to the flu and partly withdrawing from my Magnificat!
Ducks swimming in standing water on the field after the rain a few days ago.  We need sun now to dry things up and start planting again.  Pat said that it could be a month from the first crop going in to the last.  We love and need the rain, but warmer and sun is now needed badly!

The Gospel today adds to the sickness I am still struggling with and the dark cold outside "world."  The Word of Jesus reminding us that we are to stand firm and to stand apart of the culture of death which is embraced by "the world."  There are so many insidious ways that Satan lies to us and tries to convince us that things are OK or not that bad.  Things like a woman choosing to end the life in her womb by abortion, or when you ask how someone can vote Democratic in the election as they stand on the right of a woman to choose this horrible sin..."Well, the number of abortions is going down. Let's look at other parts of the platform."  How can we overlook even one life taken in this way?  How can we support any party that pushes and supports the taking of human life?  Yes, it is horrible that many don't have enough food or jobs, but how can that compare?
Picking up Rose from pre-school with Luke... she got a polka dotted balloon and she let Luke carry it to the car.  Talk about a nice big sister, but it was hard not to play with it as they walked down the hall!

How do we raise our kids to value LIFE and to realize that although abortion is legal it is a horrible wrong and sin?  Early in my marriage - the first year - I decided that I wanted to do something about my strong feelings about LIFE and against the horror of abortion.  I joined a small group of amazing women in Birthright.  As I was learning to do the pregnancy test... I found out that I was pregnant with my first daughter, Ruth!  I have always taken Monday nights at the office and answer the phone in my home.  I have discovered that this example has influenced my kids powerfully!  All have embraced this cause and have worked, prayed, taken a stand for LIFE! 
The pigs chewing on Abby's boots...

Jesus, it all seems hopeless at times when we face such huge obstacles for sharing the Truth and shining a light on the lies and wrongdoings.  May we embrace Your Truth and stand up to the world - no matter how we are looked down upon or hurt of trampled on or belittled.  We know that by humbly facing all that we are given and turn to you that you will be Our Good Shepherd and hold us close to your heart burning with love for us!  We will fight without counting the cost!  We will LOVE as it truly is meant to be by embracing Our Most Cherished Cross and through that finding it to become the Tree of LIFE filled with all the fruit of Good works and when necessary using words!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
I now have my rubber boots here, and they have been through a lot with me!  Yes, I have walked out of them out in the cattle yard before, but you can clean them up with lots of water. I wish it was that easy to clean up this mess of a world!   Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

My Patrick...








Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me

No comments:

Post a Comment