Sunday, April 10, 2016

"I want to sit by my Rosie." Grandpa "Worthy is the Lamb..." Rev 5

How grandpa's face lit up when he came back from being Eucharistic minister to find his 3 almost 4 year old Rose there to sit on his lap!  She then joined him when he went back to do the dishes... I looked up to see her carrying 2 chalices back to the sacristy.  Her grandpa is such a good example on the farm and at Church of someone, who loves their life and lives their faith!
Love those smiles!
 
So filled to the brim with the wonderful readings from mass today as well as receiving Jesus... Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity at mass today!  It is so powerful to share the readings with Pat in bed after morning prayer, the night before, at mass and then again at Pat's mom, when we share Eucharist with her.  It is my version of Lectio Devino and as a result I find certain parts that really speak to me.  I marveled at the end of the Gospel as it is so much of what we are experiencing with Pat's mom these days.  I thought she would smile about it, but on the contrary... she was not pleased as she is tired of being unable to care for herself.  Who can blame her?
A precious sight... so reminiscent of Pat with his girls a generation before. 
 
I am shortly heading out to spend a few days with my parents.  I am quite excited to have some time to catch up with them.  I knew that I needed to  go before they got busy in the field, and we are within days of that happening, so....  I am grateful that I am able to head there with the blessing of my husband.  Thank you, Pat!
I love this new statue of Mary... she speaks of peace and beauty!  My heartfelt prayer to her is that she bring us to Jesus - most especially those that don't know him and love him as it is written in the reading from Revelations 5 today - Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor and glory and blessing...  To the one who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor, glory and might, forever and ever.
So much praise and our undying love is due to HIM!
I don't see this smile much anymore, and I miss it.
 
How we are blessed by Jesus as he cares for our needs - making breakfast today in the Gospel and not putting down Simon Peter, rather showing mercy and healing by calling him to love and care for his flock.  St Peter, the first pope, was certainly all human and yet he loved after his failure and embraced his faith anew.
Ruth stopped in with all but Mary, who was home watching gates for Paul.  Rose and David marveled at how small grandma and grandpa's bed was.  They were so happy that I had found my small tv and they could watch a movie in grandma's bed just like old times!  It sure felt nice to have them stop in and marvel at how it has become our house now.
 
Jesus, give me safe travels and good communion with my parents.  I am so blessed to have them both still and please allow my mom to find healing from the pneumonia she now has.  Jesus, you are worthy of all praise and worship!  I love my chapel on wheels as I dig deep into the 10 decades of my rosary and the 5 of the chaplet of divine Mercy!  I love my trips with the beads in my hands!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"It is so nice to have the kids here - this house is so quiet."  "mine sure isn't"  Ruth to me
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment