Sunday, April 17, 2016

Jesus, The Good Shepherd is calling...

Rose with her Great-grandma this morning...
 
Rose and Mary were so excited to see dandelions abloom outside the church today.  They had to pick some for great-grandma, and they do look very springlike with their "furry" bright yellow in the crystal pitcher. 
There was a gorgeous bouquet of white and red roses left from a wedding that Rose again had to come up and smile by.  There is so much joy shared at mass and after the sanctuary is a place for the  kids to take in the wonder and beauty in this familiar beautiful holy place!  I told Pat that I so appreciate that in our marriage and family mass has always been a time we look forward to as a family, sharing our Faith with JOY!  Some of the silliest times in the car with the kids was on the way home after mass... there would be lots of laughter and kidding each other, and such happiness shared. 

Reading the readings a few times before mass - I knew that it was Good Shepherd Sunday, but the fact that it is also vocation Sunday was a nice surprise!  The introduction before mass spoke of how we need to pray that many will listen to the Good Shepherd as he calls them to join him in vocations of priesthood and religious life.  Of course, I think of Hallel, but over and above that I recall my own discernment and that of Maria in the Poor Clares,  and then John's year in the seminary.  How we love Jesus and know that if he calls us to be his Bride as a sister/nun, or as a priest to bring LIFE/The Eucharist into the world... we want to listen and answer - "Yes!" wholeheartedly!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
Rose with Our Lady of Guadalupe - so important in her coming in winter and the roses that fell out of the tilma of St Juan Diego!  She brought millions into The Church.  Come to Jesus through Mary!
Mary will be 10 in 2 days, so we took some spring pictures with Jesus...

There is not much doubt that the kids will consider a call to religious life with The Community of the Lamb in their lives and having a aunt, who is a nun!  Mary is already aware of this beautiful humble option... so much exciting times ahead as they prayerfully ask the Lord to show them His path He has for them.  Put Jesus first and all the rest will fall into place, and LIFE will be a wonderful gift of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
The dandelions match her jacket on this wonderful spring morning - the forth Sunday of Easter/Good Shepherd and Vocations Sunday.

"My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish..."  John 10:27 is the Gospel today, and is so true!  If we only look to Jesus and listen to His Voice!  How do we do this?  By pouring over his Word with each new day - the readings of the day is a great way to do this, and I love the fact that the entire Church around the world are reading and preaching and chewing/mendicating them every day!  How huge and powerful is that? 
The girls love to come and see great-grandma with us on Sunday as we share The Eucharist with Pat's mom.  LOVE this!

Another way we listen to the voice of The Good Shepherd is with prayer each day.  I love to have that most intense prayer times of mass and time at adoration - an hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament.  Hallel and most of those that are priests and nuns have this daily!  Some time with their spouse is so important!  I am happy with my hour each week - the best hour of the week in which I place each members of our families - close to 200- in the monstrance with Jesus as I pray for each one.  I smiled from ear to ear a couple weeks ago when I put my newest grandchild in there for the first time!  There is so much meaning to the words which I learned from St Faustina - "Jesus, I trust in you."  Jesus, is in control and not we ourselves. Give it all over to him!
Mary loves her grandma Ann and prays for her always. 

One last way to hear his voice as far as vocations is to check out some orders and visit the seminary.  Maria lived with the Poor Clares for 5 months discerning, and John spent a year in seminary... neither would say that was wasted time and were blessed by those experiences and discerned out.  Hallel, on the other hand, heard the Lord asking her to be His Bride and ran into His arms full speed.  Her life is poor and humble and filled with time with Jesus and in prayer.  By far a simpler life, yet she travels the world where she is sent.  My mother's prayer is that soon she might come back to America/Kansas City... she is now in Rome!  How amazing is that?
Soft and gentle looks and smiles aglow.

Jesus, we can truly hear you and follow after you in this life we are given.  If we humbly turn to you in prayer and worship and feed on your Word and your Sacraments - we are led by The Good Shepherd - we are his flock!  Know that the Lord is God; he made us, his we are; his people, the flock he tends.  We are his people, the sheep of his flock.  Psalm 100 from mass today!
There is so much peace, joy and love in our lives if we die to self and answer your call to us to embrace the vocation you want for us.  Jesus, thank you for giving me new life and promising me eternal LIFE!  I long to live with you forever in heaven.  Amen and Hallelujah
Holding hands is big these days, and a special bond.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Thinking of my Little Sister today... I am geared up to write her about our lives and catch her up a bit with her Easter letter.  Yes, I am a few weeks behind, but it is still Easter Season!  I also came across last year's Easter card half written and forgotten.  OOPs... I have lots of writing to do, I guess!
Pictures tell the story, and I write, too!
Did I say pictures?



I don't know this Saint, but I like him...

JRR is so amazing as is CS!

Did I mention that his voice is him dwelling in us?
Danielle Rose - The saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - Pursue me


“Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary. There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him. The task of the shepherd—the task of the fisher of men—can often seem wearisome. But it is beautiful and wonderful, because it is truly a service to joy, to God’s joy which longs to break into the world.”  Pope Benedict XVI

“Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary. There is nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with Him. The task of the shepherd—the task of the fisher of men—can often seem wearisome. But it is beautiful and wonderful, because it is truly a service to joy, to God’s joy which longs to break into the world.”  Pope Benedict XVI

No comments:

Post a Comment