Friday, April 8, 2016

The beginning of John 6 and beyond!!!! Praising Jesus in song- the voices of children!

With 3 grandkids in Holy Redeemer School... there was always someone to watch on stage or right beside me in the Spring Concert yesterday.  David was with the youngest group and I could see that he has come a long way from last year now as a first grader... he follows much better and is less distracted by all that is going on around him.  He beams when he notices his family watching him and getting a hug after - running out of his classroom with arms wide open and a huge toothless grin for grandma!

I have often heard Simon singing at home, so it was really special to see Simon start the concert with his precious solo...  talk about angelic to an old grandma. 
Walking down the hall of the upstairs after getting my hug from 5th grader, Simon!  Now to have a grandchild upstairs... how did that happen so fast?  Glistening with LIGHT as the Saint Joseph gives his blessing.  A peaceful and faithfilled place!
Mary blessing the day of all those that pass by her way... by the huge windows bringing in LIGHT this day.  It was a dark and overcast day outside, yet so much brightness and softness filled the school after this special concert in which the kids had humorous skits which taught values of respect and all good things followed by wonderful praise and worship songs sang by all the young voices so sweetly and as one mother said - "I loved to hear all the young ones singing of their love of God!"
Mary was the teacher in the skit about how all deserve to be treated with respect even robots...  She also stood very close to me in the large group songs and she sang loudly and clearly about her love for Jesus! 

Talk of going into the field next week.. once it warms up some.  I am spending the day in the peaceful home of Pat's mom, and we were able to do morning prayer together which was very special. Soon mass will begin and I am excited to hear the homily about the amazing readings today!  I admit that I looked ahead when I saw that today was the miracle of feeding the 5,000 in the beginning of John 6... yes, it is going to continue on into the meat and potatoes of The Eucharist!  How we are fed with Jesus' Body and Blood! 
 Stepped into the Church briefly to douse myself with Holy Water and say "Hi" to Jesus in the tabernacle, and to gaze upon Jesus on the Cross!  I had just been gifted with an hour of Adoration - a small slice of heaven.  How I love being so close to HIM, and placing all my family with him in the monstrance.  I could put my newest grandchild in there for the first time!  Maria's little gummy bear which we are praying for now.  Grandchild #14 which will hopefully join us here.  I do pray for those in heave, too.  Now there are 3 grandchildren along with my 7 kids!  An army praying for our needs and keeping our eyes on heaven!

Some of the highlights of the readings from today that I was able to read another time with Pat's mom...  Acts 5 today... the Apostles after they were flogged and "ordered to stop speaking in the name of Jesus."  rejoicing that they had been found worthy to suffer dishonor for the sake of the name.  And all day long, both at the temple and in their homes, they did not stop teaching and proclaiming the Christ, Jesus.
Can I say that about myself?  It is a good reminder!

Mom and I are sharing mass on EWTN this morning... hearing the miracle of feeding the 5,000 once again and now the homily... Father just shared one of the most famous healings at Lourdes - how when a man thought dead was healed when he was blessed with the Blessed Sacrament as it passed by in procession!  "Miracles are necessary for the Christian faith to be credible."  Looking at John and Patrick - I too feel this is ongoing today!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html... my page devoted to John's story of finding Faith through brain cancer.

John anointed by Fr Craig just before his brain biopsy.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html... the story of grandson, Patrick!

Patrick home healed!!!!

Jesus, thank you for this journey of life we are on and all that you give us to go forward down the narrow path carrying/dragging our most cherished cross and given the food we need through Word and Sacrament!  May we, too, rejoice at being found worthy to suffer dishonor and never stop speaking your name and all the Truth and miracles you have given us on all levels....  How I love you my Jesus and long to burn with your strength so that we may do more miracles for God.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html  How my heart, mind and soul rejoice at the way he touched me and my family by bringing us into The True Church 44 years ago! 

The new Catholics!  Every day since has been so filled with Truth... I can not stop proclaiming it from the rooftops!  I am forever head over heels in love with Jesus and his Bride, The Church!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html...  A man of God, who listens to the Holy Spirit in his life and mine - our marriage message - "Be open to LIFE and raise LIGHTS for Christ in our domestic Church/home!"

Now Saint John Paul II- filled our marriage with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!

Bernadette is growing up - I miss her and her dimples!



So gloriously amazing is this Truth!  Wow!

Mercy is flowing like a river...
Peter Mayer - Holy Now

No comments:

Post a Comment