Thursday, April 7, 2016

"We must obey God rather than men." Acts 5


From Maria's blog today - Many times throughout the day, Patrick comes up to me while holding Romeo's hand and declares, "This my friend!".
They sure are pretty wonderful buddies!
My time with Maria and family in early winter showed me a very loving and snuggly Patrick.  He would spend time in my lap each day and enjoy showing grandma lots of love!  I almost thought that we had a deep bond from our special month around his birth... waiting two weeks for him to come, his induction/emergency C-section, born dead, and brought back to life, grandma baptizing him in the middle of NICU, and then visiting him daily there with Maria and finally welcoming a healthy Patrick home.... Yes, we have much to bring us close, and how I love to see him continue to grow and develop normally, and maybe even a bit advanced physically.  But I see that his loving attitude carries over to more than grandma... He is such a loving little boy!

A big hug with squinty eyes to prove it!

Today is the feast of St John Baptist de la Salle, who was a pioneer in Catholic Education for boys in the late 1600s.  This fits well with Maria's bunch as she homeschools her brood, with a new one on the way!  The months here and there that she spends with us... I have been able to watch her beginning in prayer and study of the Church each morning with her kids gathered around her.  The best way to start the day, and passing on her love of The Church to her children!  In 1950 St John Baptist was declared patron of teachers of the young... a good help for Maria and all those that teach the Faith and education of the young!
On this wall in the kitchen of my new home - Ruth had her kids pictures and would update them each year.  I love to have my family around me, too, so I followed suit.  Nancy will need an update soon with the arrival of her little girl.  Susan/Hallel and John were together a year ago in KC, so I do not know when their update will happen.  For now this is giving me a lot of joy!  I recently found the wall hanging - "We might not have it all together, but together we have it all" and that fits well along the bottom, and in reality!

In the first reading from Acts 5 today we see the Apostles brought before the Sanhedrin and told to not speak in the name of Jesus Christ - their answer?  We must obey God rather than men.  The God of our ancestors raised Jesus, though you had him killed by hanging him on a tree.  God exalted him at his right hand as leader and savior to grant Israel repentance and forgiveness of sins.  We are witnesses of these things, as is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey him. 

May we also recall each moment of our lives, what Jesus did for us and how we need to welcome His Spirit into our lives and die to self so that he may live!  The Gospel today echoes this Truth - The Father loves the Son and have given everything over to him.  Whoever believes in the Son has eternal LIFE...  John 3:31-36  Yes, everything has been given over to HIM... there is nothing too big or too small or too bad or too good or too much darkness or too much LIGHT or too easy or too hard... ALL is HIS!  Give it all to HIM!  Jesus is in control!
I am so excited to find my little girl dresses which I have picked up second hand here and there over the years.  I have such a hard time leaving them behind after 4 girls in a row!  Now a new granddaughter will soon be joining our family, and grandma can already imagine having fun dressing her up, and fixing her hair!

Jesus, the lessons for today - we need to share our Faith with JOY with our little ones/the family/domestic Church we have been given to care for.  We need to listen to Jesus leading us down the narrow path dragging/carrying our Most Cherished Cross as he shares His Way, His Truth and His LIFE though The Word, The Sacraments, His Mother Mary Most Holy, His Saints along with St John Baptist De La Salle, and Prayer - the Rosary, and His Bride, The Church!  There is so much to help us obey God rather than men.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Each day I am given the gift of more and more making my new home ours... This old picture of Pat is so special to me... "it looks like Pat just lifted that cow over the fence." my mother said.  The wooden chalice and hosts are a favorite for our grandkids!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Out to pick eggs and water and feed the bunnies this morning and found this hen in the midst of laying her egg.  May chores are small compared to Ruth outside all morning with Pat.  I can sit here and spend time with sweet Luke and write on my blog.  The life of a grandma is what I prefer...




http://www.motheringspirit.com/2016/04/the-dark-side-of-light/#comment-10909   A powerful read sharing the Cross through which we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment