Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Visitation is an encounter that has exceptional meaning...







Her womb filled with LIFE... Mary goes to visit her cousin, Elizabeth, also pregnant with life in her old age!  The Visitation Feast comes to surprise us this day of change for us once again.  John moved out of his place in Tracy and we took a carload down to help him with the cleaning and hauling down the stairs... Simon, Mary and David along with grandma!  After the huge changes of switching places with Ruth and Paul... I have learned that if the kids are available they are wonderful help in going up and down stairs with boxes and bags.  Today Simon did the vacuuming and Mary washed the kitchen floor on her knees while grandma washed the kitchen and bathroom.  Leaving it better than we found it is our motto from all the retreats we have worked over the years!

I was able to do morning prayer with both Pat and John and then read the readings with John on the way to Tracy.  There were two options for the first reading and I love them both, so all 3 times we read them together - I read them both!  When you place Mary with God in her womb as what the Prophet Zephaniah is proclaiming...The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty savior; He will rejoice over you with gladness, and renew you in his love, He will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals.  Zephaniah 3
Gathering and blessing our food for Memorial Day shared on the wonderful porch!

I love the other option from Romans, which speaks of how we are to be changed always by our encounter that has exceptional meaning - our Visitation with LIFE entering our lives whith the "yes" of Mary!  Our encounter with LOVE!
These words from Romans 12 were so powerful to me in the midst of our grandson Patrick's traumatic birth... Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer... Bless those that persecute you, bless and do not curse them.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your own estimation.
No better day could be had, and overnight another half an inch of rain!  We are grateful!

Then the Gospel is so full of LIGHT!  The words we repeat each day from the Rosary come from the lips of St Elizabeth as the Holy Spirit fills her with JOY and the baby in her womb leaps in response to that Truth!  "Most Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."  Words inspired by the Holy Spirit and straight from the Gospel!  Then the Magnificat - the words of Mary in response filled with so much humility and Truth and beauty and overflowing with the LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT that fills her! 
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.  From this day all generations will call me blessed:  The Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is his Name...
The shirt with the tie that grandma gave him and Uncle Johnny.
Beautiful irises beat down a bit by the heavy rain overnight added some beauty to our day of helping John move out.  "You kids made it almost fun today."  "No, not fun but doable."  was John's response.
Helper David with St Francis with broken hands, St Mary's Church, and beautiful white irises.  John was able to get to mass almost daily this last year between here and Milroy! 
So very beautiful and peaceful.  Another chapter closes and asking for direction...

On one of our travels over the last 7 years - John and I came up with some new decades for the rosary... kind of like how wonderful it was when the Luminous Mysteries came along and filled in those amazing years of the Ministry of Christ.   John and I felt that the fruit of meditating on these new Mysteries would be very rich and powerful!
Dave is used to smiling for grandma!

The Miracle Mysteries
1.  Feeding the 5,000
2.  Calming the Sea
3.  Walking on Water
4.  Raising of Lazarus
5.  Lowering the nets for a catch
The Healing Mysteries
1.  The Paralytic
2.  Healing of the Lepers
3.  Healing of the woman bleeding for 12 years
4.  Curing the Blind man
5.  Healing the ear of the high priest slave
The Forgiveness Mysteries
1.  Forgiving St Peter
2.  The woman taken in adultery
3.  Mary washing his feet with her tears and wiping them with her hair
4.  Matthew the tax collector turned apostle/writer of the Gospel
5.  The Samaritan woman at the well
6.  Doubting Thomas
Yes, there are 6 here and only 5 decades, but for each of these new mysteries there are so many others we could have mentioned!  The Gospels are full of so many stories of miracles, healing and forgiveness which minister to us The Truth - we have a encounter of exceptional meaning/a Visitation of the Holy Spirit in our inner temple which changes us always and forever!

My Jesus, My soul is yearning to grab my rosary beads and find that peaceful place of prayer - lifting up all my needs and fears and worries and cares and wants and thanksgiving and amazement and all that fills me as I am blessed with so much each day of my journey!  Your Mother is there to bring you into the world of those that don't know you.  How I pray for those in my life that do not know you, Lord, or turn their back on your Truth.  May my life reflect the encounter of exceptional meaning I have had - the Visitation from Your Mother of Heaven and earth with you in her womb - LIFE has come!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
I am now up to 10 decades of the rosary each day, if I can find the time, so maybe I could start adding some of these new ones after I have done my 5 for each day?  I will keep you posted.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

Wow!   This is amazing and just how I feel!

Danielle Rose - The Visitation - Jesus within you
Danielle Rose - Let it be done unto me\

Happy Memorial day from Missouri!

He must squirt some of the juice in his eye, or just super cute?

Daddy snuggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment