Monday, May 9, 2016

"I have conquered the world." John 16

This wonderful Mother's Day picture from Maria in Missouri - getting out the pool on a hot day after breakfast in bed served by her kids!

It was such a wonderful mother's day weekend for me!  John called to ask me what I wanted, and immediately I knew that I wanted help with garden. lawn and mostly just having a fun and enjoyable companion for the weekend.  John has me laughing all the time, and that is good medicine for anyone.  He was willing to mow my lawn ahead of the rain. 
The wind was whipping the cut grass into his eyes... How this reminds me of 7 years ago Father's Day weekend when John mowed the lawn with an eye patch over one eye as he was having severe double vision, and we discovered it was lymphoma of the brain... a very rare cancer! 

In morning prayer was this verse which grabbed me...  "We look at not at what is seen but to what is unseen; for what is seen is transitory( passing), but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Cor 4:18)
So powerful to consider with all we love in our lives and all that fills our days on this earth!

What is seen in this picture of John 7 years after brain cancer changed him - the new John!  Is a John still with some ataxia/unsteadiness and lack of coordination on his left side along with some memory issues.  What is not seen is his heart, mind and soul which have been transformed and filled with love for The Truth - Jesus and His Bride, The Church!
I am known as a total lover of lilacs... we all know how short their lives are and they go from heavenly to wilted and brown in short order - especially with the hot wind we can suddenly get.   Although this beautiful sight is very "transitory" it fills me with much JOY!  The short week they give my sight and smell such joy carries me over from one year to the next.  The absence makes our anticipation grow at this sign of SPRING supreme!  The passing beauty of this world is part of our yearning for the everlasting beauty of Heaven!
 
John and I ate breakfast with the lit candle from Lourdes - how we love Our Lady of Lourdes after visiting her where the ongoing miracles continue to this day!  Yes, the rough landscape and the river is there and is visible, but what is not seen is how Mary intercedes with healing on all levels of the sick that come in great lines to enter the baths with hearts filled with HOPE and be healed.  John did not get out of his wheelchair and run around healed of his ataxia, but he fell head over heals in love with Our Lady and entered into a state of constant prayer and LOVE to share with the world in prayer and sharing his story!  We definitely consider this part of his healing from brain cancer and finding Faith!
A bouquet of LOVE from Missouri.  Maria is counting her Mother's Day blessings! 
 
The Gospel really speaks to me this day when Jesus assures us that "I have conquered the world."  Yes, in my winding way I have been sharing this Truth!  Yes, what we see with our eyes is passing, and knowing the darkness that the world has become this is a good thing for us to embrace.  Yet, in our hearts, minds and souls we can find a small slice of heaven and yearn for out lives to be forever in heaven with Jesus and Mary and all the Saints!

The crop is in... now we hope, pray, and await the rain! 
 
Jesus, may we cling to the Truth of your conquering the world and our coming to know and LOVE all that is bringing us ever closer to heaven forever with You!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Prayers for Dave appreciated today as he is on his way to Wilmar with mom to get a cast on his hand - 3 broken bones after getting his hand in the door.  I am a bit distracted today and it shows.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment