Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"it is he who gives to everyone life and breath and everything." Acts 17

Ruth worked so hard bringing my back breaking scrap books over yesterday.  My house, which had looked somewhat put together is now filled, once again, with the baggage and stuff weighing a ton!  Yet, I am so tempted to go in there today and investigate the year it was that Ruth nursed kittens, whose mother died before our eyes just as we were leaving for a family day at Valley Fair!  We picked up milk replacer and a syringe on the way out of town and Ruth went out to the car throughout the day to feed them.  The one we named Excalaber lived and became huge and would come in and nurse on the side of Ruth's hand.  Rose is watching mom feed her kitten. Lucky, who was aptly named as it was saved from the tub grinder just before Paul was going to grind hay!
Ruth got a bottle to try, but the kittens prefer their syringe. 

I feel such shame at how my love of photos with a hunky farmer husband always doing interesting things and babies and baby animals all around me.. I was bit by the bug and hard!  As a result I have scrapbooks that filled Ruth's pickup yesterday!  They are all here and I feel that I have been cast into the sea and the waves are crashing over my head.  Or even that I am sinking to the bottom!  I not only have all this myself, but I sent each child from home with a scrapbook for every year they were alive, so at 18 they had that many scrapbooks to haul along with them!  I have all mine plus John's and Susan's/Hallel's!  When Ruth lugged them into the back bedroom that I have been working so hard to empty and fill it back up... I felt sick and sorry for my excess!  Did I have to chronicle every moment of my life?  I suppose that although now on line and stored another way.. that could be said about me now!  I am a mess!
Rose sure loves to watch and be close to her mom, and is learning to be just like her and that is a very good thing!

It looks like today is putting in the garden day and all these boxes are back again!  Help!  I found the readings today to be filled with the reminder of how we are not to get all tied up with the idols made of gold and photos and are to place our energies and thoughts upon The Lord and what really matters in our salvation!  Jesus asks us to be humble and rid ourselves of all the prideful trappings which distract us and keep us apart from totally dying to self and allowing The Holy Spirit to reveal all Truth to us!  I faced myself and the Truth was a hard pill to swallow!
When those lilacs are open in this warm sun - that will be a heavenly scented place to fly into the sky!

Jesus, you told us today - I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear the it now.  But when he comes , the Spirit of Truth, He will guide you to all Truth.  John 16  Yes, the truth I saw was a hard blow to me, and I welcome it and ask that you assist me in making amends for it.  I long to rid myself of all the baggage that has come between us.  You are in control and everything worthwhile comes from you.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My part of Ruth's work in natural fertility care - Creighton Model.. is to watch her kids so that she can meet with couples when Paul is busy.  Two were at play practice, and we had supper on the deck on a glorious evening!  I love to help my the younger generation serve those that are looking for the Truth!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Luke got really dirty and took a bath just like old times in his old bathtub!
Grandma's bed is a special place once again!
http://aleteia.org/2016/05/03/solanus-casey-the-man-who-shed-his-ego/
A dear friend shared this link today... how we love Venerable Solanus Casey from our cancer journey!  And talk about embracing humility!
Casey2


Eagerness for each new day!

Love!

So True... the Truth revealed by The LIGHT!

Maria and family have a dog?!?  More love to go around...
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
Maybe there is one who takes too many pictures and writes too much?  That would be me!

Casting Crowns - Praise you in the storm

No comments:

Post a Comment