Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Jesus with his arms around a child...."receive a child in my name... receives me..."

Nancy mentioned that she hasn't seen Gus in my pictures here, so....  He has been staying with Ruth and Big Dave, and then Luke while Dave is at school.  How the kids love to turn on some tunes on Ruth's phone and blast them while they jump high and fly to the music.  There are costumes involved, too! 

Humility is the big message today from James 4, and how I am getting in touch with what a mess I am and how much I need the Lord to assist me, and so he has!  Today I just started it with telling him that I am a mess and I need his help and in small ways I have been calmed and cared for. 
A family meal on the porch for lunch yesterday... Gus and Luke joined us!
Our Lady watches while the kids walk along the wall single file after lunch on the porch.
 
It is so appropriate for me to have the Gospel from Mark 9:30-37 today as Jesus takes a child and embraces the child... Taking a child, he placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it, he said to them, "Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but the one who sent me."  What do children do for us?  They need our help and assistance to eat and drink and wash and dress and stay safe and healthy and nurse them when they are sick and play with them, although I always thought siblings and cousins were better suited for that, and even yesterday Rose pushed Berna on the swing and then Berna pushed Rose - perfect!  And that causes us to diminish and become humble servants and die to self and rely on the Lord to help us through and give us the strength!
One more action shot of the bunch - they sure do get their exercise in a fun way!
 
Yes, it is true that we become more like Christ when we are open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS for the world!  Our own wants and needs become that we tend to the lambs we have been given.  As my fold grows... I can allow myself to become overwhelmed at times, and to feel sorry for myself.  I must give it over to the Lord and he gives me the strength and guidance and joyful giggles at their cuteness to fill me with happiness and chases the anxiety away!
I smiled so deeply and happily today when the girls both got into skirts and I brought out a bag of hair accessories that I had used for their mothers!  I showed the girls "bonkers" and told them that I had used them in Ruth and Nancy's hair many years ago... they thought they were really special and both let me put them in their hair along with numerous other things that sparkle and shine.  Also a kitty barret that has wagging tails!  I could feel the peace and joy just flowing all through me as I was given this special gift to start the day after making pancakes and the kids all eating well! 
What do you think?  A work of art from this old grandma's eyes and heart - able to recapture the times with their moms/my girls! 
 
Be still my heart!
 
I just had a great talk with Nancy, who calmed a lot of my worries and assured me to just enjoy my time with the kids and not stress about having everything perfect for their arrival on Wednesday night, so that really has helped me, too.  Yes, it is much more important to just enjoy the moments and care for those little ones with love. 
 
Jesus, I love you and want to serve you and know that I am a far cry from perfect or even able to handle all that comes at me with each moment of each day.  May I humbly give all to you and know that without you I am nothing but a big mess.  I am filled with so much each day to help and direct me from your amazing Word, your Sacraments, praying using my rosary, the Saints are so important to me and walk this journey with me and assist me in becoming the saint that is just me!  So much help and so much peace to fill in the stressful heart, mind and soul that creeps in and makes my world less that light filled.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
The two girls with skirts and fancy hair!
After time outside, the girls came in chilly... warming up with a movie in grandma's bed which makes this new house feel familiar like our old house and the specialness of snuggling in grandma and grandpa's bed!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke with the little children that come unto me!
Dominic sandwiched between the two girls - super snuggly!
Love her humble wisdom!

Another wise voice - my friend, Scot Hahn!

I live for the non-apparent!
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - the Litany of Humility

No comments:

Post a Comment