Saturday, May 28, 2016

Pasture calving on Saturday of The Blessed Virgin Mary

I giggled when I got home with my statue and pot of flowers, for it is so true... Our Lady is the World's Best Mom!  I love to look out, as I did at the farm, and see Mary there and here she holds her Son, Jesus Christ, close to her heart filled with LOVE and presents him to the world and shows him the needs of the world with her other hand!  That hand on the statue was broken, and so I got her at half price, but it is nothing to me and probably is a great reminder of the brokenness that is found in the world around us and even the needs within us!
Today I shared a wonderful article on FB entitled, https://www.catholiccompany.com/getfed/three-sacramentals-instituted-by-the-blessed-virgin-mary-2/,  I loved these words at the beginning...
"The Blessed Virgin Mary is ever-interested in our salvation, and, in virtue of her special union with Jesus, she is our supreme advocate and intercessor among all the saints in heaven.

As the very good Mother she is, she wants her children to spend eternity with Christ in heaven.  To accomplish this end, she frequently gives her children helpful instruction to aid them in doing God’s will here on earth and in loving Christ better."
Cow TV is turned off for the year, but there are still two slow pokes that have yet to calf.  They arrived by trailer to live in our pasture in front of our barn, and I am asked to keep an eye on them. I already thought one was laying down a lot, but hopefully, with all the rain coming down, she will wait for a dryer time to have it. 
Pat sure loves his cows and it gives me a lot of warm feelings to see him take in the beautiful sight of his cows out on grass. 
I especially enjoyed this mega smile in my direction as he teased me that I would have to be chasing them back into the paddock every day when they got out through the fence.  Pat has always liked to tease me most especially when we were dating and newly married... I sure had a lot to learn and continue to have quite a bit to learn.  Life would be boring without growing in our faith and knowledge of the many things that make up our lives.  I must admit that farming is endless in how much there is to learn, but I feel similarly about my Faith journey.  When Pat asks me what I would get excited about doing now in retirement of sorts... " I would love to have a desk to learn and write."  I am more like my mother than I realize, I guess.  For some reason this does seem to be what Pat wants to hear.  I do see that I need to include volunteering in here, too!  Maybe a hospice volunteer as hospice has been my passion in my nursing career!
Baby and her calf walking down the flower strewn path to the back pasture ...
Talk about a flower strewn path - I mow down this to the fence going into the pasture.  It was a special sight and they smell wonderful, too.  My peaceful retirement home/farm/out to pasture/lots of alone time/family time here and there/watching and listening to wonderful rain on this Saturday devoted to Mary! 
10 year old granddaughter, Mary, came over with grandpa yesterday with the cows and loves to hide in the long grass!  Grandpa sure loves to have grandkids sharing farm experiences!  Mary got a caramel banana split out of the deal while grandpa had his dinner!
My beautiful lone cottonwood tree from inside my sweet red barn!
The cows like it, too!
No tree to get out of the rain, however.  Pat says they are just fine and are getting a warm shower!  "Even if  they calved in this, the calf would be just fine.  It is a warm rain!" says my farmer husband.  See, I am learning still!  I was nervous about a calf born in this heavy rain!
Such wonderful rain!  Thank you, Lord!
Artsy picture taken last evening... I have a feeling there will be many coming, and when the calves are here... watch out!
Did I mention that much like both her grandmothers, Ruth has a wonderful green thumb and loves to plant and care for flowers?  Well, it skipped a generation with me, and I am loving her wonderful flower bed along the barn!  Picking a bunch of daisies reminded me of my bridal bouquets... I had all daisies! 
Thank you, Ruth Ida Rose! 


Jesus through Mary!  I long with all that is within me to be forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary and The Saints!  I know that I fail so often, and know that I am weak and sinful and a mess... I am called upon to humbly admit my need for you and turn away from sin - confessing them and laying them at your feet in the confessional.  I am yours, and I long to see your face in all those that I meet this day.  Most especially those in my domestic church/family.  To the one who is able to keep you from stumbling and present you unblemished and exultant, in the presence of his glory, to the only God, our savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord be glory, majesty, power, and authority from ages past, now and for ages to come.  Amen Saint Jude 25  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
For Johnny, who is coming home to regroup and ask the Lord for the next step on his journey... Jehoshaphat/Fatty awaits your arrival with lots of purrs and soft snuggles.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 63:2, 3-4, 5-6
R. (2b) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
The Psalm from mass today is amazing, and so true on our journeys!
Faith shared with JOY!
Christ within!

"Lord, give me whatever the  most Blessed Virgin asks for me."  since Mary desires greater favors for us than we ourselves could desire... "She is more eager to do you good and to be generous with her graces than you yourself could desire her to be."  from the meditation of the day by St Alphonsus Liguori (1787) 
Meredith Andrews - Not for a moment
Laura Daigle - I am yours
Danielle Rose - Hail Holy Queen
Eric Clapton - Holy Mother
Francesca Batistelli - If we're honest

No comments:

Post a Comment