Thursday, June 2, 2016

"Love is a verb." John quoting DC talk

Beautiful flowers, adorable kitten and blossoming young girl... a work of art and pulling the heart strings!  I told John that I should be taking notes while we did out prayer intentions during morning prayer today... there was so much wonderful deep and amazing things that came out of his mouth and heart one after another!  He started praying for his parents' marriage and speaking about how love is not a feeling it is an action!  Wow!  I know that I have heard that before, but we so quickly lose track of it in the ups and downs of life and the frustrations that come with each day. 
Love is a verb by DC talk.  John mentioned this song to me as I reacted to his prayer this morning, so I thought I would look it up... "Love is a word that requires some action.  Love is a serious word.  Love is a verb." 
There were kids and kittens over here yesterday!

Pondering the Truth that we need to work at love and not just sit back and expect these amazing feelings to carry us along.  I think we all have discovered that we need to get away from out selfish feelings and needs and die to self in order for love to grow and survive!   The Gospel today really echoed in my heart as John was speaking about love being an action.  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength... You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  Mark 12

What does that love look like?  It looks like giving til it hurts with all that we have... time and what we have and work and giving of all we have! 
Here is an article I came across this morning - "What can I do to make your day better?"  How often have I thought I should say that to Pat each day, and I don't?!?  Wouldn't that make him happy and make a difference between us?  Yes, but I am selfish and hurt and resentful and afraid that I will have to step out of my comfort zone, and so I keep silent even when my inner voice is telling me to say the words..."What can I do for you today, Pat?"  Lord, help me to be better about acting out my LOVE for you and for my neighbor most especially those in my domestic Church/family!
This kitten was an orphan and seemed to think that a bigger black animal could be mother material... it was cute to watch.
At least Lilly was kind to the kitten and would sniff it and then move away.
Too bad kitten... I guess there is not much hope there for you.

Love is an action/verb for us to bring into our daily lives!  When we are asked to change our selfish plans and serve those that ask and need our help!  I might say "yes" but serve poorly and with the underlying anger and resentment and that "poor me" attitude that I am so good at.  I am very much feeling down on myself today, yet that accomplishes nothing.  I need to dust off myself and do better!
I love the imperfections of these... when you try to get kids and animals all looking wonderful you end up with a picture of LIFE! 

There was so much John prayed this morning, and I should have taken notes!  Another gem was his speaking about "humility" and how we minister to others much better when we speak to them from below/humble and not from a prideful place/above!  So true, and so familiar to John with his family at his side as life brings him to a place of humbly asking "what next" over and over and over.  We trust!
I take so many that it is almost like watching a movie of motion and LIFE!

Words from the Psalm today ministered to us...
He guides the humble to justice,
he teaches the humble his way.
Teach me your ways, O Lord.
Psalm 25
Yes, Lord, we look to you and know that you have a plan for each of us and we will find that path if only we look to you and put you first in our lives.  "If we have died with him we shall also live with him.." St Paul to Timothy today in the first reading 2 Timothy 2  How we long to love and serve you better with each new day.  May we give and not count the cost and die to self so that love may be a more constant action.  May we give and give and give somemore!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Kitty snuggles are the best!  This is so much like Ruth, their mom, was when she was a girl!  They are now even living in the house that she lived in at this age.  I am in awe of how the Lord works and how all this happened!  Yes, it was very hard for a few months, but now it is a blessing in most ways.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
He loves us with unconditional love and forgiveness!

This is so amazing and fits with today... so once again this food for thought!
Jesus Freak - DC talk
A more familiar one and so true!
Danielle Rose - Litany of Humility
Francesca Battistelli - If we're honest
Gregorian chants... peace flowing all around us




Happy 9th Anniversary Maria and Joseph!  How we love you and look for some great family time coming up!  Daily we pray for Joseph's passing the Bar!  Jesus, we trust in you.  bless-bless, mom and dad and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment