Thursday, June 9, 2016

The day I "met" Pat

One of my favorite things to do is watch the men in action on the farm.  Now I must add to that my daughter, Ruth, who has followed in her father's footsteps and now is a farmer beside her husband, Paul!
Today Paul sweetly posted this photo with these words of praise...
"Brought some coffee out to the Queen of Heat Checking. She's been spending lots of early mornings, evenings, and any free time observing the cows to see when they are receptive to breeding the past few weeks. We will AI them to continue growing the quality of the herd for future years. Thanks Ruth for all you do! "   It is a big job and very appreciated by her dad and husband!
Getting the job done on a fast moving cow!  Pat never gives up, and it can be challenging more times than not to get things done on the farm when you are dealing with cows that weigh almost a ton, huge equipment now with computers that get messed up just like all computers can, and everything is so LARGE! 

Noticing the date today - June 9th is the day before June 10th, and that will always be close to my heart as it was the second time I came to Marshall, Mn... actually today is the 39th anniversary of when I came to Marshall, MN for the second time!  The day before my friend, Marge Verly, was to get married!  I got a ride down on the bus and ended up on Main Street, went to a pay phone and called their place, no answer, called other Verlys until one answered and he told me that they were probably at the grooms dinner at The Chalet.  I called there and got them, they sent Donny to pick me up and take me to the grooms dinner! 
This picture was taken 39 years ago today!  Pat's sister took it at the Groom's Dinner at the Chalet just about the time I walked in there and "noticed" Pat for the first time!  You see I had been down to the farm during our first year of college with Marge - 7 years before this.  But Pat was 3 years younger than me and still in HS so he kind of blended in with all the others, and I had no memory of him at all.  Now 7 years later... needless to say I was very impressed!
Me the weekend before I met Pat...


I so love to recollect these memories as they add to the deep love I have for my husband and how the Lord brought him into my life!  It is an anniversary of huge importance to me!  Unknowingly I went to the wedding of a good friend and her brother was there to minister to my needs, when I sprained my ankle at the wedding dance, and I thought... "he is so easy to talk to and so very nice to me."  My heart melted when I looked into those brown eyes and that continues to this day!  He knew of my story of my entire family entering the Catholic Church, and that was very special to him.  Huge in our relationship as he had told his sisters that he would not marry anyone who wasn't Catholic!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Love those broad shoulders and huge arms and hands!  Life has been so full/never a dull moment for the last 39 years... since I first met Pat Verly!  When we look at our growing family it seems that those years have been filled with LIFE/LIGHT/LOVE!  We have now grown from our original 2... Pat + Barb = 23 strong with 24 soon to arrive!  That is a lot of Fruit to fill the world with goodness and LIGHTs to chase away the darkness!
It is right to praise you in Zion/and Marshall, O God.
You have crowned the year with your bounty,
and your paths overflow with a rich harvest;
untilled meadows overflow with it,
and rejoicing clothes the hills.
Psalm 65 from mass today speaks of the bounty we are blessed with when we are open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS for the world!
Life is good!


Jesus, LIFE is rich with your love and care for our every needs.  I am forever touched by your plan for my life here in Marshall, MN... planted beside my husband and better half, Patrick!  We are filled with so much gratitude for all that you have given us... 7 in heaven praying for us and 5 with us now welcoming new life into their marriages.  Hallel and John praying for us each day, and looking to love and serve you with their lives.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Three weeks after we met at Margie's wedding... head high on the 4th of July!  A year with more heat than this one, but here we go into the 90s today!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

Yes, how I long for this to become the truth for us!




St Isidore Patron saint of farmers!






No comments:

Post a Comment