Friday, June 3, 2016

"The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back..." Ezekiel 34:16

John has brought his niece and nephew into the theater world with him... Mary and David joined John in the summer musical, The Addams Family!  I think Mary is hooked, and we are not sure about David.  I attended with a young friend, who asked me about the "theater bug" biting John's siblings.  It was fun to ponder this and recall all the plays both John and his sisters have been in over the years.  The only one would be Ruth, who was in a few plays in Holy Redeemer and then not, yet about a year and a half ago when she presented her love of farming to a national audience... she showed a very poised and winning young farmer to the world and the team of Ruth and Paul took first place and won a pickup!  I guess I am trying to say... she would have been up to the stage, too!  This has been a love of John's from 2000 when he was Oliver in the musical Oliver, and there are not many summers he has missed.  He loves the stage!
Just before heading in for the play last night I could see that one of the cows had her calf, and in short order it was standing up and nursing!
Pat left this morning saying that the new calf would be baptized today by the rain, and so it was!  Going out to stand under the cottonwood tree to watch it... all seemed to be fine.  From the warm wet world of the womb to the cooler wet world of Marshall, MN! 
 
My friend came home for an overnight, and joined John and I for the office/morning prayer this morning!  It is the solemnity of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus today!  Such amazing readings we shared and prayer to reach the heavens.  As my friend shared a motto her family has;  "Look up and believe in miracles."  Basically saying that if we keep our eyes focused on Jesus and put him first, He will guide and direct us and get us through the challenges we all face daily!  He is the Good Shepherd from the first reading in Ezekiel...  The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal..."  Ezekiel 34:16
Then the 23rd Psalm and how we all groaned in pure ecstasy to be able to share these wonderful words of love, and mercy, and comfort, and promise of being forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary and all the Saints.  How about this last verse?
Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
for years to come.
The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
One last cow to calf...

I am soon to head over to be with Pat's mom for the afternoon.  How we cherish our time with her! 
Baptized by Mother Nature on it's first full day of life! 

Today in the Gospel we find The Lost Sheep!  How we can relate to that ourselves when we have been lost and alone and sick and suffering and weak and down in the depths with the waves crashing over our heads... He reaches out to save us, He calms the sea, He forgives our sins in the confessional and the priest speaks his words of love and forgiveness and "go and sin no more" to us.  He carries us on his shoulders and rejoices at bringing us back into the fold away from the raging wolf/Satan set to devour us!  His Sacred Heart filled with LOVE and forgiveness!
The acting bunch is growing!

How I also long for many of those "lost sheep" in my life to "repent"  and come to know where True Happiness can be found!
How I love this!

Jesus, I am so filled with Huge JOY at this special day of celebration - The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!  May you use me to bring those, who don't know or love you closer to your Heart burning with love for them.  May I die to self so that your Holy Spirit may touch those lost sheep in my life.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
The final act...

It is fun to see the family sharing their time and talents to give others JOY!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Kind of a challenging costume for Cousin It/Dave!

 Love these!
"O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen."
Yes!
Romance!

Love this tradition from Maria's house... Patrick is an adorable model of the Sacred heart of Jesus!
I don't think they were around much after this was taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment