Sunday, July 24, 2016

Asking without end for mercy!

It was Christmas in July yesterday as Pat and I along with a brother and his wife, and my youngest sister, Carol. met up with my parents for lunch on this river boat!  My wonderful parents are always looking for ways to bring our family together and we went down the river in the rain and had a fun time sharing what is going on in our lives.  Thanks mom and dad for all the efforts you do to mend and heal our family and thank you Lord for having both my parents together still to share time with! 
My sweet wonderful parents will soon celebrate 67 years of marriage in August!

I could tell that something had triggered that feeling of intense awareness of each word at mass this morning!  As we did our general confession and we pound our chests 3 times... these words grabbed me - therefore I ask Blessed Mary ever-Virgin, all the Angels and Saints and you, my brothers and sisters to pray for me to the Lord our God.
Wow!  I thought that is a lot of prayer power and with all that I should be feeling better about my life and myself and my situation.  There are things lately that have shaken me pretty bad and I knew with some brief examination that this way why each word of the mass was a bell ringing loud and clear and The Truth and beauty of each word filled me with wonder and hope!
Some beautiful roses at my mother-in-law's house along with a statue of Mary gifted to her and her daughter since her year and a half on hospice. 

I am reminded that I so want to be forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary and all the Angels and Saints, and so I ask without ceasing through prayer for mercy to be shown to me in my weak, sick and sinful state.  Life is a struggle sometimes and as Father said in mass today - we need God and he certainly doesn't need us, yet he loves us and if we are persistent in asking for his mercy - we will receive.
Lunch of zucchini bread, coffee, Our Lady and the roses while mom does her reading from devotional books in her wonderful sunroom.

From the Gloria - You take away the sins of the world, have mercy on us;  You take away the sins of the world, receive our prayer;
Exactly says the words of my heart this day!  The Gospel from Luke 11 give us the promise...
And I tell you, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Listening to mass at the Cathedral in Sioux Falls after we shared the Eucharist with Pat's mom, The Bishop shared this story;  "For Christmas a little girl prayed for 1,000 dolls. When Christmas came and she didn't get them her father said; 'Well, I guess that God didn't answer your prayer.'  'Yes, he did.  The answer was, No."    A sobering reminder that sometimes the answer is not the one we want and think we need, sometimes it is "No."
Jesus, I will not stop praying and asking and hoping and dying to self so that you may live  and work through this poor and lowly vessel.  Sometimes the answer comes contrary to what we hope for, but we trust that you are in control of our lives.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
Together they are more sturdy and helping each other along the path towards the end of their long journey together!  A picture worth a thousand words to me their eldest daughter of the 11! 
They listen to the Holy Spirit in their lives and from that I have received tremendous blessings!
The year of Mercy in our Church is so powerful!

Also from the Gospel for today - no where is I, me or my a part of this prayer!

Like I said...

No comments:

Post a Comment