Thursday, July 28, 2016

"I will praise the Lord all my life!" Psalm 146 - A Hallel Psalm!


This gentle yet deeply felt smile on my Little Sister Hallel 5 years ago as she is repeating her first vows as a Little Sister of the Lamb in Saint Pierre, France... fill me with a mother's peace knowing that she is saying "yes" with love to a call from Jesus to be His! 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/2011/07/france-out-of-world.html  This came up today!  A post on my blog as we had just returned from spending 10 days in France with our daughter as she took this important step in her profession as a nun.  We are watching World Youth day in hopes of catching a glimpse of her blue habit, but it could pass for blue jeans and that is everywhere!

Today the Psalm in the midst of the readings at mass is a Hallel Psalm... 146!
"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God while I live.
R. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob."
What is a Hallel Psalm?  Total praise for God!  It is the first part of Hallelujah.  "Whenever anyone says my name they are giving God total praise."  Susan/Hallel with great JOY!  Hallel in her name is in many ways praising the Lords all her life!  How I long to do that also and I am helped in that by my wonderful children's taking me deeper in my faith!
Many prayers for son-in-law, Joseph, who took his bar exam the last two days...
Mom's oldest daughter here for a wonderful visit! 
Precious time spent with their wonderful positive and loving mother, who truly praised the Lord with her life!  She even joined us, amazingly, on our trip to France 5 years ago!  She was 91!

A step back to 5 years ago  - the 4 of us sharing in the great JOY of Hallel - our hearts were truly lifted in PRAISE - Hallelujah!

A selfie just after a group of 5 had taken their habits and changed their names the night before Hallel's vows... Pat and his mom wiped tears to see the transformation and realizing what John and I had witnessed here 2 years before in the midst of John's brain cancer battle!  So powerful and we were taken out of this world into the REAL world of being with Christ and leaving self behind!  Looking into our moist eyes wide open and clearly seeing The Truth of what really matters in our lives - knowing and loving Jesus with our entire hearts, minds and souls!

Hallel and Hosanna!


Today in Jeremiah we read the words of the potter and the clay..."like the clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand."  Yes, we long to be formed by you, Our Lord, and to get out of the way - dying to self so that you may live in me and make me what I am to be!

John with his Godson, Big Dave, at Michigan 5 years ago!  How John is longing and praying that the Lord shows him the path he is to take... he is a pot on the wheel of life.  One thing he longs to do is share that JOY and praise with all his energy, time, and enthusiasm of his healing and finding Faith through his brain cancer! 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
That life of praise keeps me laughing and smiling.  We are now watching for Hallel in WYD!  There are many blue rain parkas that are the exact color of their habits, so it is a challenge we are up to!

Our family 5 years ago minus Hallel and Pat and I, and Joe and Paul...  We will be having our 14th grandchild in a few months up from 6 here - a lot of life in 5 years!


Jesus, today in the Gospel you remind us, once again, that the Kingdom is our home and we need to continually give our all without counting the cost.  May we PRAISE you with our entire life!  I am eternally grateful that I am helped as I limp down the narrow path by my children and husband and grandchildren!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

5 years ago...

Now today with LIFE happening!  Jesus, we praise you with our entire LIFE!  Family time is the Best!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

John at Lourdes totally head over heels in love with Our Lady!  It continues to this day and hour and minute!  How we love to have Mary the Mother of God always with us!

Pat and John bathed in the healing waters where Bernadette dug and a spring flowed since healing many!

In line for a bath- "I had them pour water over my head, because that is where I need the healing."




Adoration at WYD last night!

Encountering Jesus!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment