Monday, July 18, 2016

"walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8


I will soon welcome my 6th granddaughter!  It was a great joy to gather around my statue of my wonderful Mother of Heaven and earth just a few weeks ago holding my newest granddaughter, Josephine!  How I long to be like Mary and humbly say "yes" to all that is asked of me, and to be a better person with each new day!  If always having that feeling of being a pretty pathetic work in progress is what it means to walk humbly with God... I have that down for sure!  I certainly don't have myself up on a pedestal or feel that I am in control in my life or even struggle with the need to be in control in my life, but I also know that I don't do a good job of working on my flaws or making much progress in becoming the saint I am called to be. 

Nancy's 4 just before going into mas yesterday morning in hot Kansas City.  Gus has his arms full, but seems to be up to the task!


How do we make headway in our spiritual lives on the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross towards sainthood... or another way to put it is forever in heaven with Jesus, Mary and all those that have reached Sainthood?  We need to start in that low spot I was mentioning where we realize that we are nothing without Jesus.  That is called humility, and it is required of us and it is hard and painful!  Here is the Litany of Humility to give you a wake up call!


O Jesus! meek and humble of heart, Hear me.
From the desire of being esteemed,

Deliver me, Jesus.

From the desire of being loved...
From the desire of being extolled ...
From the desire of being honored ...
From the desire of being praised ...
From the desire of being preferred to others...
From the desire of being consulted ...
From the desire of being approved ...
From the fear of being humiliated ...
From the fear of being despised...
From the fear of suffering rebukes ...
From the fear of being calumniated ...
From the fear of being forgotten ...
From the fear of being ridiculed ...
From the fear of being wronged ...
From the fear of being suspected ...

That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it.



That others may be esteemed more than I ...
That, in the opinion of the world,
others may increase and I may decrease ...
That others may be chosen and I set aside ...
That others may be praised and I unnoticed ...
That others may be preferred to me in everything...
That others may become holier than I,
provided that I may become as holy as I should…


How's that for contrary to everything the world tells us we should strive for and desire for ourselves? 
My 3 youngest grandsons were a challenge to get together...


I know that I tend to get down on myself and that is not a good place to be stuck in when you are trying to serve and love as Jesus did most especially to those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family.  When we are down in the mouth due to being down in the heart, mind and soul than we are not serving with Joy or Love or patience or all the wonderful fruits of the Spirit.  The Church is there with the answer for us... The Sacraments of healing and strength.  How do we throw off the bad and start anew? With the Sacrament of Reconciliation!  I just read that the Saint for today - St Camillus went to confession every day before he attended daily mass!  I am imagining how cleansing and good that would be in ridding ourselves from those missteps as we stumble down the path.  It could truly become a dance of two steps forward and one step back or maybe all forward!
Two humble special girls/cousins that love the Lord, and LIFE with their newest cousin, Jo Jo Bean/Josephine!  Therese is expecting her own baby sister in a few months!


We all agree that frequent confessions would be a marvelous help as we long to be forever with Jesus in heaven as our main goal in this world.  So why don't we follow through?  It is a hard thing to get around to, even though it is good for us.  Who wants to go and tell Jesus through the priest that once again we have sinned? Life is made up of those things that we don't want to do, but they are our duty or our job or our responsibility or our calling or we are to be obedient to the rules or the Commandments or the laws or we are needing to make changes in our health or our homes or our lives or our schedules or called to serve others in need in our lives... many times in a day we sigh and say "yes" with reservations and regrets and resentments or just plain not wanting to at all.  Do you think Blessed Teresa ever felt this way, too, when she served the dying in her arms in the streets of Calcutta?  Yet, LOVE overcame!
Sweet quiet Romeo is soon to be a big brother!


Lord, how I long to embrace my call to be yours totally and without reservations!  My only burning desire is to make headway down the narrow path each day and to come and dwell with You and your Mother always in heaven.  I am so grateful for all the help I am given each day through The Church!  May I make better use of all that I am blessed with to leave behind my sinfulness and share your LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE always and forever.  St Camillus, pray for us and may your example of seeing the forgiveness of Reconciliation as being so important in our journey of Faith give us the courage to lay our burdens at the feet of Jesus in the confessional and go forward with JOY and LOVE and Patience and all the fruits of the Holy Spirit!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Love the color and the special action of the kids and the balls... with the green green pastures and fields - now with so much rain we are busy with keeping the cows and calves in the pastures and much hay down that it now under water!  So much rain!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image result for the fruits of the holy spirit catholic
Longing for more fruit to be visible in my life - by their fruit you will know them!

Family is where it must start in making a change in this world!

Another Saint that gives me a dose of how when we are humble and pray we can make a difference in our world and the world around us!  Imagine what the world would be like without all the prayers of the priests, brothers and nuns in monasteries praying throughout the days! 

SaintoftheDay St. Camillus de Lellis (1550–1614) was a wild, undisciplined youth that turned into a battle-hardened soldier with a violent temper and a gambling addiction. His bad behavior, combined with a persistent war wound in his leg, left him in poverty. He found work doing odd jobs at a Capuchin friary. Gradually the good influence of the friars inspired him to a better life, and he experie...nced a true conversion. He sought to join the Franciscans, but was prevented due to his leg wound. He then moved to Rome and worked for a hospital that cared for patients with incurable illnesses. He later became its director while he continued a life of penance and virtue. Seeing that his patients often received poor attention from the hospital staff, he devoted his life to providing excellent care for the sick, in whom he saw the face of Christ. He established a religious order of men committed to helping patients who were the most ill, even at the risk of their own well-being, known as the Order of St. Camillus, or the Camillians. For this task he studied for the priesthood and was ordained at the late age of 34. His Order gave medical care to anyone in need of treatment. In addition to serving in hospitals, they also served on the battlefield. The Camillians developed into a worldwide relief effort of like-minded medical workers who seek to follow Christ through ministering to the sick. The red cross on his habit became an international symbol of medical aid. St. Camillus is the patron of the sick, hospitals, nurses, and physicians. His #feastday is July 18th. #MorningOffering



The Afters - Broken Hallelujah

I borrowed this from a niece, the mother of the little one my dad is holding.  My mother on her birthday meeting two new great-grands!  I would have to do an official head count with the numbers rising quickly with all the new ones, but we are surely over 110 by now and more to come with Maria and Erika!

No comments:

Post a Comment