Wednesday, July 20, 2016

"whatever I command, you shall speak"Jeremiah 4... Sowing the seed?

Well, on this humid and hot day... I am sure that my sister with her family are cooling their toes in the big lake and loving it!  We have been back for about a week and a half now and we had some wonderful weather and the sugar sand is the frosting on the cake.  Ruth and I could stick out toes in the water - Ruth would do her needlepoint and I would watercolor as the kids played in the sand, the water and time to time come and paint with their old grandma.

Ruth really enjoyed watching her two youngest boys play together - David just turned 8 and Luke is 2 1/2.  "It is good to see them developing a better relationship."


The readings are quite wonderful today, and it was hard to focus on the part which was speaking to me today as there is many wonderful lessons.  We are really getting into the prophets lately and today we read the beginning of when the Lord called Jeremiah.  "whatever I command, you shall speak."  How does that work today for someone like me?  No, I am not really a prophet warning the world about upcoming events or calling them back to their faith.  Maybe that last part of calling others back to our faith and myself as well could be partially true. 
All that wonderful sand and then the addition of rocks found in the water.


How do we hear what the Lord commands us to share - the Truth given to us in The Word and through the dogmas of The Catholic Church!  I might not have all the theology or philosophy down pertaining to my faith, but I do love the Catholic Church with no reservations and am not a shopping cart Catholic but hold all the values and dogmas as Truth!

Rose with the Big Lake behind her..


I will not be silent and will share without reservation the Truth as given me through The Church!  I see that artificial birth control is harmful to my body and to my relationship with my Lord and my husband.  I see that family life is enriched by being open to life and raising those children you are given as LIGHTS!  I see and believe that marriage is to be between one man and one woman for life.  I accept it all, and know that the best minds and hearts and souls of this world have worked long and hard at finding and embracing the Truth as it is shared in the Catechism of the Catholic Church!
How I hope and pray that my speaking and writing as the Lord has commanded me will result in seeds being sown in good soil and much harvest come as a result.


Jesus, I am yours and I long to share your Truth without hesitation.  May much fruit come from the words and emotions and feelings and values and convictions I hold close to my heart.  Jesus,  I trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Rose bringing the lake water to water color with... 

This year they added sand to some of their pictures - into the wet paint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment