Friday, August 26, 2016

I Corinthians for the first reading!!!!

Pat's mom pondering the green and brown eggs from our hens.  She had laying hens for many years herself.  Now her granddaughter has turned me into the chicken lady with her laying hens now at my home/formerly her home.

An old blog post from 2011 came up today using the same Gospel for today - the 10 Virgins - 5 of which were wise with oil for their lamps and lit for the Bridegroom...
We were just back from a good checkup at Mayo and giddy with the good news!
Hallel and John joking around with their slow fat mom... running away from me when I wanted to take a picture!  I got them by taking a running away picture.

How delightful and exciting to not only have the Gospel of the 10 Virgins, but to start having the first reading at mass  being from the first letter of St Paul to the Corinthians!  He jumps in with both feet today by speaking of the stumbling block we have in The Cross!  The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  I Cor 1:20
Paul asked if I wanted to change the sign on the barn... no, I love to continue to share this message of Truth!  Today I have Rose and Luke, and they are great to have - good eaters and now quietly taking an afternoon nap...
Well, two of the 3 are...  how grandpa loves to snuggle with the little ones and catch a nap!

"Where is the wise one?
Where is the scribe?
Where is the debater of this age?
Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish?
For since in the wisdom of God
the world did not come to know God through wisdom,
it was the will of God through the foolishness of the proclamation
to save those who have faith.
For Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,
but we proclaim Christ crucified,
a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,
but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike,
Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom,
and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength."
St Paul in 1st Corinthians today... I cannot improve on his words, so... 
John out to get the eggs with Luke and Rose on a beautiful day!

Lord, how I love you and know that it is through the cross that we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT in our lives.  May I embrace my most Cherished Cross and follow after you.  I am weak and lowly and humbly ask that you give me the strength to go forward and give without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Sharing a French meal in Saint Pierre 5 years ago for Hallel's first vows.  The wise Virgin with her lamp lit greeting with JOY her Bridegroom!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke



My good friend!

My companions as I go out to the mailbox on our quiet gravel road.  Our spectacular cottonwood tree is quite a beautiful specimen with lovely shade. 


No comments:

Post a Comment