Monday, August 29, 2016

"I resolved to know nothing... except Jesus Christ" I Corinthians 2

Rose and their bunny just before I left after another tomato canning day over at Ruth's.  Only 2 1/2 pails today and we ended up with 34 quarts of stewed tomatoes for the girl's chili and hot dish.  Ruth and family could be heading down to KC to see Nancy and Maria in their new places over Labor Day, so the plan is to bring them some of our hard work/canning along. 
They just fit in the small red chair...


Today is one of John's feast days - the Passion of St John the Baptist, and we are all familiar with the Gospel for today of the beheading of John the Baptist.  A hard reading to be sure, and we are reminded numerous times that John the Baptist was good at decreasing so that Christ could increase and become his all in all!  The first reading today continues from St Paul to the Corinthians - the first letter and now to the second verse... I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.  I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling, and my proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom...  These words truly spoke to me and of me this day!
This bunny lost her sister a couple months ago and they shared a cage, so it must be good to come in and get some kid attention!

It was a good day of working with Ruth and her kids come and go.   We visit and have our canning machine down to a science.  We are quick and efficient, and I find so much delight watching her be a mother and farm wife in action.  Today she shared that it is good for them to be on the farm and allowing Paul to come in and have supper with his family in the midst of the late nights Pat likes to put in.  If there is daylight he feels he needs to be busy at something, and there is always something.  Now Paul doesn't miss out on family meals, and that helps. 
Luke and the bunny.

My rosary is calling out to me, but I just wanted to quickly respond to the words of St Paul today, which speak my heart in my desire to know nothing except Jesus Christ.  How do we do this each day?  By growing in love and knowledge of Jesus in The Word and Sacraments, through The Saints, and with the guidance and intercession of them and the Queen of Heaven and earth - Mary the Mother of God!  So much to help us on our journey down the narrow path as we carry/drag our Most Cherished Cross!  The Bride of Christ, The Church, is there to help us get to heaven forever with Jesus!
Rose washing the fresh eggs from the chickens this morning - she is always excited to see the green eggs... they are special!
Lunch break for the men and kids and canners..."Who's going to come out and help us put in some fence?"  David agreed.

It really blows my mind to read that St Paul spread the amazing message with "weakness and fear and much trembling."  The weak part really is true for me, too!  Me and Saint Paul, who would have thought?!?
Ruth and I were commenting about how green everything is this year... including the green peppers and the tall grass that almost chokes up he lawn mower.  Usually we can stop mowing by this time of year!
Lush and green this year, and lots of apples, too!

Jesus, all I want to know is you, and all else is so much stuff that continually gets into my heart, mind and soul and distracts me and pulls me away and runs me down and leaves little room for what I really want to concentrate on... you, my Jesus, and you alone!  I am reaching for my beads, which is my life-line of prayer through the intercession of your most amazing and humble Mother of God!  Each day is filled with the love language between me and you - PRAYER without ceasing!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Red tomatoes in the jars and ready for lasagna, hot dish or chili.  Home cooked family meals shared with our growing families!  Prayers being sent up for our newest grandchild #15!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Pictures on the wall... it looks like it is becoming their home on the farm!
"Mom, there is an animal in the house."
One more to add to the circle called "young new farm family."

yourarmsarethelevator
All I want is Jesus!
We must pray for young men to say "yes" to the call to the priesthood!






No comments:

Post a Comment