Sunday, August 21, 2016

Love thy neighbors - 1st neighborhood party in 30 years or more!

These two brothers are just 13 months apart in age!  They do not see each other often, but they were together this morning as mom ate her breakfast, and so I had to get them with their mom!  I love the way she pulled them close with her hands and her heart!  And a rare smile for her wonderful children - I am realizing that is what it takes to bring a smile to her face.

There are times when I try to envision the home on the farm when mom had her 10 children or when these boys were young... just after them came another brother just another 14 months behind Paul.  One of my most precious pictures in my mind, and I did do a watercolor of it once - Pat would describe how the 3 little boys - they were # 6, 7. and 8 of the 10 -  would carry two pails of water or feed.  Pat would be in the center holding onto a pail in each hand and the two younger brothers would help one on each side. 
 Such a huge smile when she was surrounded by all 9 of her wonderful children at the wedding on Friday!
One more of mom with her family!
Ruth and Paul tackled something that hasn't happened for over 30 years - a neighborhood party!  It was wonderful to see people that I haven't seen in years and meet some new ones.  People had a great time and were so happy to spend some time meeting and greeting!
It cooled off so much that it felt like fall was in the air.
Ruth and Paul are teaching us how to be better neighbors!
Sunset over the first but not the last of neighborhoods parties, I am sure.
No, they didn't multiply.. the pan was actually empty by the end of the evening.
I noticed the new addition to the altar... a lamb has appeared under the tabernacle!  Father told Pat it has only been there for 2days!  Of course, I think of my Hallel and her Community of the Lamb!  The perfect Lamb sacrificed for our sins!  Much of the readings today are about taking Christ out to all the world and share him with those that do not know him - when necessary use words!

John asked me to listen with my heart especially to the second reading from Hebrews.  Yes, it speaks of how because we are loved we are given the hard things in our lives.  Endure your trials as "discipline"; God treats you as sons.  For what "son" is there whom his father does not does not discipline? At the time. all discipline seems to cause not for joy but for pain, yet later it brings the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who are trained by it.  So strengthen your drooping hands and your weak knees.  Make straight paths for your feet, that what is lame may not be disjointed but healed.  Hebrews 12:11-13
Of course, I had to take more than one!
I have hungry people looking for food, so I will call this short for today.

Jesus, may we be your hands and feet.  When we are weak and have drooping hands we turn to you.  May we hold you always in our hearts and carry/drag our Most Cherished Cross down the narrow path.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Sharing Eucharist with Pat's mom is a cherished time for us each week.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
John and Mary stopped in with Jesus after mass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment