Wednesday, August 24, 2016

"Thank you, Lord, for your Bride, The Church, which leads us to heaven."


I haven't looked at Maria's blog for a very long time, and found some treasures to share with this post!  We had a huge disappointment in not sharing Michigan with them, but it looks like they had fun in Wisconsin with their grandparents and parents.


Pat and I shared morning prayer, and shared it with the Apostle, Bartholomew, as it is his feast day today.  John was quickly off to help his dad, so we just shared a bit about this great Saint, who disappeared so that Christ would become more and more as he became less and less.  Why do I say that?  Because there is next to nothing about him in The Word.  John shared that he is one of his favorites... He is very prominent at ST Paul outside the walls where there are huge statues of the Apostles all around the sanctuary... he stands there holding his skin as he was flayed and beheaded!  Quite a sight to behold and leaves a huge impression on us.  The Gospel today from John 1 speaks of the faith Nathanael/Bartholomew knew when Christ recognized from the inside out!

Maria with her youngest, Romeo, but not for long... soon he will have a baby sister around November 1st!  So a trip to be with my military family is just around the corner, and a new baby to welcome!


It was great to share time with a local prayer group last night, and share a bit about how I pray with the Word.  I have learned so much at the feet of Hallel's order - The Community of the Lamb.  Her love of Jesus in The Word led her to join them, and they spend much of their day contemplating the Gospel for the day starting the night before.  I have adopted this and find great excitement filling me as I go to the next day and read the readings.  I went to be last night already celebrating St Bartholomew on his vigil and that the Psalm for mass today was an Hallel/Psalm of total Praise of the Lord at mass today - Psalm 145!
Let all your works give you thanks, O Lord,
and let your faithful ones bless you.
Let them discourse of the glory of your Kingdom
and speak of your might.
Your friends make known, O Lord, the glorious splendor of your Kingdom.


The Lord is just in all his ways
and holy in all his works.
The Lord is near to all who call upon him,
and to all who call upon him in truth.
Your friends make know, O Lord, the glorious splendor of your Kingdom.

Romeo loves animals at the county fair!


I am so in LOVE with The Church, and have no reservations at all!  I am not a shopping cart Catholic, who picks and chooses, but I love and embrace all that The Church holds out to us.  I truly feel that The Church is there to help us down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross as we follow after Jesus in our weak and limping way.  Sharing the readings from mass each day along with every Catholic Church from St Peters to the smallest country church is so powerful for me!  To think of those sacred words from the Living Word being prayed, studied, preached from millions of pulpets, and taken into our hearts, minds and souls as we ask the Holy Spirit to speak to us and show us His will for us. 
A few more from the wedding on Friday... I will be spending the afternoon with mom, and have heard that she has been doing fine since her big day away.  Quite the amazing lady!


Today in Revelations John sees a vision of "the Bride, the wife of the Lamb."  How I love her!  Each day is filled with so much to help me on my way... more than I can ever take in.  I find my beads and as soon as I start to pray - peace washes over me.  My Queen holds me close and each one of my kids, with their spouses and children and my husband and my Godchildren, and our families and our Church are all prayed for as I ponder the LIFE of my Lord and use words from The Gospel - the rosary is my life-line!
Bloom Lake Barn is very stunning! 


Jesus, with your Queen Mother, St Bartholomew and all the Saints rejoicing this day as we turn to you in our sinfulness and our weakness - we love you and need you - you are in control in the midst of the storms of life!
The Lord is near to all who call upon him,
and to all who call upon him in truth.
I truthfully need you, O Lord, and I love you with all my heart, mind, and soul!  May I die to self so that you may live and move and breath through me.  May I be your hands and feet this day.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

I loved watching the delight on Ida's face!  So many prayers were answered in such a joyful way!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Those smiles of JOY and a dream come true!!
Is this a dream?
A hand to hold is always her wish.
Another view of the large crowd!
And the beautiful setting.
My special friend through the first 25 years of our marriage is now a Saint in Heaven and helping me to get there!  What JOY!!!!
Love her, too!  The Saints fill each day with help and wisdom and Truth!
Prayers for the quake victims in Italy!
Our foreign exchange student from Macerata... it could be close to there!  Matteo let us know if you and your family is OK!
Casting Crowns - If we are the Body
ST_PAUL_CATHEDRAL_130645.JPG (525×330)
“It became obvious why Catholics had built such beautiful cathedrals and churches throughout the world. 
Not as gathering or meeting places for Christians. 
But as a home for Jesus Himself in the Blessed Sacrament. 
Cathedrals house Jesus. 
Christians merely come and visit Him. 
The cathedrals and churches architecturally 
prepare our souls
for the beauty of the Eucharist.”
 


 Allen R. Hunt

Excerpt from: Confessions of a Mega Church Pastor:

How I Discovered the Hidden Treasures of the Catholic Church (2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment