Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The beginning and the end... of summer. "spiritual realities/The Truth in spiritual terms"

Cheers to an end of summer sleep over with Uncle John!


Pat came home with 2 surprise overnight guests!  Mary and David came to sleep in their former home, and were so easy to have.  It reminded me how these 3 bonded at the beginning of the summer with sharing play practice as they were in The Addam's Family Community Theater.  They put themselves to bed and asked to join Uncle Johnnie with some tea with their eggs and toast this morning.  I used my special Teapot painted by my grandmother, and her cow milk pitcher, and two of her handpainted cups- one pink for Mary and one blue for David!
She's a bit drippy but so much fun!


John was just sharing that Mary is all pumped and talking about the musical next summer and being on the speech team at HRS when she is in 6th grade.  He had a huge smile on his face knowing that Mary appreciates the things John valued in school and since.  They have so much love and appreciation for each other!  It is wonderful to see how this relationship has blossomed through sharing the play.  It was fun to share some time with them here.
  These two are saying that they want to come back tonight and every night until they leave for Kansas City on Thursday morning.  Ruth and Paul's family are finally going to get down to see Nancy and Maria's families... all gathering in KC for Labor day weekend!   I am so excited for them all to have some great family time!  As my barn says - Family time is the Best!

Nancy's 4 just days after the arrival of their sister, Josephine!  I am feeling quite emotional today about my girls and their being open to life.  It struck me this morning that my husband is the 6th child in his family and just how important his being in this world is to me, and now we will approach 25 members of that family!  So powerful to think about in the light of Ruth and Paul having their 6th child and what that child will mean to them and to the world to come!   In prayer with Pat and John this morning I shared these thoughts, and John shared that he could say that he was #9 of 5 as I had 4 here with me and lost 4 before him and hence he would be #9 of my 12!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html ... for the entire story of being open to life and raising LIGHTS!
Maria's family welcoming Patrick home at 2 weeks after a traumatic birth and 2 weeks in NICU!  How blessed am I to be able to travel to be with my daughters and their wonderful families at the birth of each new grandchild!  Maria has since had Romeo and now in a couple months will welcome a daughter!  We are all so excited - most especially her older sister, Therese!  I was able to baptize a newborn Patrick in NICU... such a special bond!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html


How I love to join St Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians today as he speaks of how the Holy Spirit from God changes our lives inside and out, but mostly how we think and feel and know and believe and see the Truth that leads to True Happiness - the Cross!  Over and over in the last years we have been lifted out of hopelessness and embraced Hope in Jesus and His Cross and His Bride, the Church, as we look at our Cross with spiritual realities and in Spiritual terms... In other words Jesus is in control in the storms of life and all we need do is call on him and give it over to him!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
Gus so sweet with his new sister almost 4 years ago!  Now he has welcomed his newest sister, Josephine and a brother in between, Dominic.  Nancy and Bill celebrated their 6th anniversary on Sunday with 4 little ones!  So busy and so blessed would be a good way to describe Nancy - staying at home to care for her family!


I have heard from some, who although open to life - over 10 children - still share that they feel a perfect family would be 4...  They shared with me this idea often, through my childbearing years of loss and pain and finally the 5 that are here with me.  And has since about my kids having kids... I am baffled as I look at all their wonderful children and wonder how they can advise others to not be as open and as a result have each precious life here making a difference in their worlds?!?    It makes no heart/spirit sense to me, as I ponder how my husband #6 has now and continues to make a huge imprint on this world of sin and darkness with growing LIGHT!
So blessed to be present with my daughters and their families to welcome the new life!  Me with newborn Bernadette - November 13, 2012.  I had just returned from a month in El Paso and Maria's family with Patrick's birth!


Yes, life would be easier with 4 kids rather than double digits, but life is not about what is easy or comfortable.  We are called to die to self and welcoming life demands that we give of ourselves and leave our selfishness behind.  Not taking the control of our life into our own hands, and using NFP leave the door open to God to bring spiritualness into our families.  I have so much peace knowing that I have all my kids here with me - 5 -  and in heaven praying for me and our family - 7!  It keeps my eyes on heaven, and each day I ask to put my Faith first and foremost.
Love this!!!  Bernadette, Patrick and Rose - soon to be 4 together and now great cousin/friends!
The best!!!! 
The 3 little boys growing up together in a couple weeks they will all be 2 at the same time!  At the feet of Our Lady, and under her protection each day is my prayer/the rosary!


Jesus, life is such a precious gift, and how my heart is hurting at the mess of our country!  Please, Lord, can this election bring more respect for ALL LIFE!  May people see LIFE in Spiritual Terms - St Paul speaks to us this Truth/Spiritual Realities ... We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand the things freely given us by God.  And we speak about them not with words of human wisdom, but with words taught by the Spirit, describing spiritual realities in spiritual terms.  Yes, Lord, often times I feel that I am alone and not understood as I share the LIGHT of your Truth as taught and held out to us by your Church/The Truth to set us free!  Show me how to share The Truth and when necessary to use words!  I will embrace my Most Cherished Cross and carry/drag it down the narrow path as you show us the Way, The Truth and the LIFE!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My 5 granddaughters standing with our Queen of heaven and earth... soon granddaughter, Evangeline Mary will join us, and another boy/girl (?) in March!  Those 3 will share life together within the same year!  So many prayers for each one from the moment we know they are here... surrounded by LOVE!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
So fun to think that they will all be together over the weekend!  It will be a lively place for sure!

St Therese sees all with eyes and heart and mind of the Holy Spirit!
Mother Teresa and John Paul II, May 25, 1983. Credit: L'Osservatore Romano.
Her Cannonization on Sunday!!!!
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/the-happiest-day-of-mother-teresas-life-74793/


Mother Teresa at prayer breakfast in Washington DC.
"But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself.
And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to b...e willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.
By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems.
And, by abortion, the father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. That father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion.
Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion."
I was not there, but author and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan was. Here’s what she later wrote:
"Well, silence. Cool deep silence in the cool round cavern for just about 1.3 seconds. And then applause started on the right hand side of the room, and spread, and deepened, and now the room was swept with people applauding, and they would not stop for what I believe was five or six minutes. As they clapped they began to stand, in another wave from the right of the room to the center and the left.
But not everyone applauded. The president and first lady, seated within a few feet of Mother Teresa on the dais, were not applauding. Nor were the vice president and Mrs. Gore. They looked like seated statues at Madame Tussaud’s. They glistened in the lights and moved not a muscle, looking at the speaker in a determinedly semi-pleasant way."




No comments:

Post a Comment