Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Any way... it isn't easy, but we trust and are given the graces we need.


Had to get some of Pat cooking breakfast for 22 in KC over labor day!  He had the baby in his arms at the same time, which has me beat.  I don't think I ever managed to hold a baby in one arm while cooking a meal.  Imagine the perspective Dominic has of his big strong grandpa, who drives those amazing tractors, flipping wonderful golden brown pancakes while his little tummy is growling for breakfast.  So many emotions and feelings but over and above all... security and knowing that he is loved and cherished by his amazing farmer grandpa!  Nancy shares that each day he speaks the word "grandpa" over and over!
Now Romeo has the special place of honor!  In 8 days both grandpa and Romeo will share a birthday!

The first reading of St Paul to I Corinthians today made me smile.  The way I interpret it... he is telling us to trust in the Lord's plan for us..."Are you free of a wife?  Then do not look for a wife... If you marry, however, you do not sin, but such people will experience affliction in this earthly life, and I would like to spare you that....  For the world in its present form is passing away."  I Cor 7

Ask my single son if being without someone is easy... no, there is always that feeling that you need to find someone.  But all those married know that this is not an easy choice either.  I can understand these words of caution and maybe just not be so desperate to "find someone."  Focus rather on our love for The Lord in all things and make that our utmost priority whether married or single and, for sure, for those called to religious life.  No matter what we are called to ... Jesus must be first and foremost, because the world is passing away and temporary and ever changing and all we long for is to be forever in heaven with Jesus!
Wonderful meals with fruits and vegetables from the garden and golden pancakes take a team of workers to feed 22 in Kansas City for our miraculous family weekend.  All together, but Hallel!
A wonderful breakfast before we all shared mass together!
Nancy picking basil for the eggs - growing one minute and in our farm fresh eggs from our chickens the next!
Such beautiful weather and good food thanks to a big crew of cooks - making food with lots of LOVE!

Grandpa putting shoes on little feet and making plans to walk to mass just a few blocks away from Sacred Heart Catholic Church. "I have never walked to mass before, and I want to do it!"  Soon all were joining him! 

Yes, marriage is difficult and a challenge, yet there are those things we love so much in our spouse that we receive the graces from that to persevere!  We also receive so much help each day of our journey and that is enhanced and strengthened so much by starting each day with prayer.  Sharing Jesus in The Word is part of that for Pat and I.  We are also reminded of the Saint for that day and when special feast days are upon us.  I love everything about The Catholic Church, but one super wonderful part is how we are constantly celebrating Our Lady, the Saints, on and on!  It is one big place of Praise and celebrating to the highest heaven!
I love the lighting... ready to join the group walking on a beautiful day to mass!
Starting down the sidewalk - sharing mass as a family is what I thank the Lord with so much JOY for!  I also thank my husband for how we have always worshiped as a family, even with newborns just days old, and shared our Faith with great JOY! 
Onward Christian soldiers! 

Jesus, today in the Gospel you give us the beatitudes... We are given assurance that in our poverty and hunger, and suffering and weeping and persecution we will be given what we need to "rejoice and leap for joy on that day!  Behold your reward will be great in heaven." Luke 6  It is so hard to embrace our Most Cherished Cross and carry/drag it down the narrow path called marriage and family, but that is how we are blessed with LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE!  Jesus, I am yours and I long only to be with you forever and most especially in every moment of this day.  May I die to self so that you may live in me.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Youngest granddaughter, Josephine... she is a sweet and happy and healthy little girl!  They will be coming this way in a few days.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
I adore how he is with kids and loves them with all his heart. "The world needs lights."  My answer to being open to all the life we were to have here on earth (5) and in heaven (7)
.
Prayers and constant thoughts for the Wetterling family!
PRAYER AFTER MISCARRIAGE

Dear God, I believe that my baby is with you in heaven. Watch over my child until the day we are reunited in paradise. Saint Gerard Majella, patron saint of mothers and unborn children, pray for me.
Amen





Danielle Rose - The Litany of Humility
Danielle Rose - The saint that is just me











No comments:

Post a Comment