Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Exaltation of the Cross - Lift high our source of healing and life/love/light!


Nancy's 4 after breakfast - Josie sitting up in the Bompo feels like a big girl!

It was a special early morning for me with my men... as they had their breakfast I read morning prayer and the amazing readings of the day.  Today is the feast of the Exaltation of the Cross with readings that bring you to that place of finding the Truth that it is The Tree of LIFE!  Starting with Numbers 21 - the serpent mounted on the pole that saved the lives of those bitten.  Then Philippians 2:6-11
"Brothers and sisters:
Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
Rather, he emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
coming in human likeness;
and found human in appearance,
he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death,
even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father"
Every word deserved to be shared today!
Pizza sauce on the stove... a pail of tomatoes in the morning now 37 jars of sauce for about 50+ pizzas over the next year!

The Gospel is so wonderful!  John 3... "God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him." 
Don't those words just fill you with so much hope and trust in HIM to bring us all to heaven forever with him?
Costumes, trampoline, baby kitties, holding babies, and canning pizza sauce in Ruth's new canning kitchen just feels warm and filled with Family and Farm! 
Love this!

My house is filled with much noise and ups and downs of the little ones... 6 today.  I am having a problem in gathering my thoughts, which were pretty lofty after sharing prayer with Pat and John this morning.  The readings are about as far as I can go today and how can I ever expound on them?  They are pearls of great price!
The girls walking down memory lane.  Ruth's kids will have the same piano books they used!
A familiar sight...
Piano lessons start next week!
Love this open family feel... it makes my heart sing!
Pizza sauce for the year for 6 families!
Sitting up so nice and interacting with her big sister and brothers!

Lord, your cross is hard and hurts and we like to run away, yet that is part of life and how we find LIFE!  We embrace our Most Cherished Cross and find the Tree of LIFE filled with fruit and flowers and all that fills our lives with wonder and JOY!  I just have to share this letter from Little Sister Hallel to her sister, Nancy, at her engagement!
 " Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel "  Lord, thank you for giving us our Cross through our marriage one to the other... and our LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT that comes to us!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
learning to grab the newspaper and hanging out with grandpa!
Grandpa in for supper is a magnet - my most Cherished Cross with arms full of kids is such a fond and beloved memory and now it continues!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Josie had a job at breakfast - keeping the sun off of Gus' face!
Josie getting kisses, but is ready for a nap and eating.
My cherished times of doing little girl's hair!  Dimples for grandma!
Nancy's coloring project... "Bill gets tired of hearing about the Saturday art mornings we had growing up!  They were the best!"
All together - finding LIFE through embracing our Most Cherished Cross! 
Yes!  This is so true of John's story!
O, my Jesus, I adore you!

Danielle Rose - If I touch him

No comments:

Post a Comment