Monday, September 12, 2016

"Lord I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof...." Receiving Jesus/proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes."

"Cheers!" with a popcicle on a beautiful day for Ruth's 2 youngest - the older 3 are at school - and Nancy's 3 - her youngest is not into popcicles yet at 4 months.  There is a frog just found in the garden swimming in the pool, and lots of fun had by all in the playhouse, treehouse and huge sandbox in the trees! 

Nancy is here for the week with her 4, and we have plans to can our pizza sauce tomorrow at Ruth's!  Today we had a great time sitting out while the kids played in Ruth's wonderful play area.  Now Rose is off for preschool orientation, and a chicken is in the oven for a lunch out on the porch in a bit.  The kids keep coming in asking for food, so that chicken had better hurry up!
Bernadette showing us her dance moves and Luke, too!

The readings today were filled with much to ponder.  St Paul to the Corinthians is a joy to have each day now!  He speaks about partaking of the Eucharist today, and then ST Luke in the Gospel reveals to us the words we repeat just before we come forward to receive Jesus' body in the form of Bread - The words of the Centurion as Jesus is approaching his house to heal his slave - "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof.  Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you;  but say the word and let my servant be healed..."  Luke 7  These words cause amazement to fill Jesus at the Faith of this man!  May we be similarly trusting and faithful!
The two 2 year olds were picking my tomatoes for me, and few were green...

St Paul tells us to leave our divisions behind when we come to The Eucharist and embrace that Cross through which we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  WE are to not look on each other with judgment but to receive the Mercy one to the other that we have been shown!  How can we possibly judge and look down upon others when we are as bad if not worse in our sinfulness?  Lord, help us to take the plank out of our eyes and then help our brother work on his splinter with love and care and concern.  Fed with the Body and Blood of Christ!  "Wait for one another" are the final words from St Paul today...  They speak to me of patience and forgiveness and giving without counting the cost.
These two are just 7 months apart!
Luke and I went out on the 4 wheeler with grandpa last night in the beautiful evening light to look at the bawling calves just weaned off of the cows, and get the fence turned on.
It seems like we were just watching cow TV for their birth into the world and now they are already in the barn and getting fed out!  A nice looking bunch, but very noisy yet as they miss their mothers - give them a few more days to adjust.
Yes, they are mostly black...

Such a powerful reminder today to be merciful as we have been given endless/unconditional LOVE and Mercy from our Lord!  It is a sweet feastday today, too... the Most Holy Name of Mary!  Our salvation begins when an archangel speaks the name of Mary..."the salvation of each individual is bound up with the Hail Mary."  St Louis de Montfort
I certainly adore this and adopt it whole heartedly with my rosary with me on this journey each day!  The name of Mary fills me with peace and happiness and brings me a small slice of heaven each day.
The bean field around the farm is changing a lot each day - golden with some green and some leaves falling off revealing those stems of beans - soon to be harvested!

Jesus, I love you and am so unworthy that you should enter under my roof... only say the word and my soul shall be healed!  I am washed clean by your unconditional love and forgiveness and mercy... Help me to humbly come to you with all the needs of my heart and offer myself in service to all those around me  - most especially those the closest to me in my domestic Church/family!  Jesus, I long to do better this day with the help of Your Mother, Mary Most Holy!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My bunkroom with 3 bunks has been filled with grandkids!  My heart is filled with peace and JOY!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Yes, there is a white face here and there, too!
"Your hair is curly in the back just like mine!"  Ruth to Rose.  It is so fun to go back to the days of my kids!  Family time is truly the BEST!
Swimming frog and popcicles!  The world is one big adventure for kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment