Friday, September 2, 2016

Morning Glory - Take delight in the Lord, and he will grant you your heart's requests. Psalm 37

A watercolor I painted while I was in KC for the birth of Josephine in mid May... "I am with you in spirit." I reminded Nancy this morning as Ruth and Maria and their families are all gathered there for a huge FAMILY time!  They are probably wrapping up their lunch for 19 people just about now.  Pat, I and John are putting in a big day getting ready to go to a wedding tomorrow and then on to KC and join the family - all but Hallel - tomorrow night and Sunday!
I had to smile seeing the morning glories going crazy at Ruth's house/formerly mine/and the farm, too!  They always take over my flower bed year after year, and it just seemed special to see them again.  They will soon be gone once and for all as Ruth plans on a porch covering this spot, and I did miss my Mary garden under the old worn out pine tree,  but it is truly becoming their home/farm, and we are happy with that. 


The morning glories speak volumes of my heart's song of praise this day as my prayers were answered for our family to all be together.  We will see if we can get Hallel on the phone and then it will truly be True!  I called Nancy to line up a neighbor to come and take our picture after church on Sunday morning, and for sure Hallel will be added!  I always love to see the picture of my heart's wish to see us all together.
Kitten and morning glories on a spectacular day!  See what I mean about taking over?!


A line from the Psalm for today - #37 really speaks of my wellspring of JOY that I hold in my heart this day...  Take delight in the Lord, and he will grant you your heart's requests.  I can tell that Pat, I, and John are all feeling this same delight at this unexpected chance to be together.  Pat was reminding us that this will be as big as Michigan, and the meals are going to be huge productions!  We are up for it!
When I see this on Ruth's wall complete with her own pictures from her beautiful camera... I melt with delight inside at how we value the simple farm life and The Truth - LIFE does get messy, but the cleanup is so much nicer than... especially bubble sinks for the little ones!


Carry this forth into our spiritual journey... We are weak and sinful, but when we lay our filth at his feet and are humbly sorry we are washed clean and go walking and leaping and praising God!
The simple things in life can add JOY...  Today in the Gospel we are reminded of the peace and JOY that comes to us when we encounter the Bridegroom!  He is present on the altar and in the tabernacle.  How I love to fit in Adoration during the week, or just stop in the beautiful church and my eyes and heart are drawn to the tabernacle of shining gold in the sunlight!  Jesus, I love you and delight in you and thank you for granting my heart's request!


Today in I Corinthians St Paul reminds us that The Lord "will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will manifest the motives of our hearts..."   May we all yearn only for Jesus for he is The Way, The Truth and The LIFE!
Ruth always has to have her projects - it looks like quilt squares for her kids and Godkids! 
David's loving art work over the patio door... so much love and hearts in that kid's heart!
Apple picking for the girls - I bagged up 12 bags of apples to bring to them and lots of our canning to share, too!  We can for 6 families, and it is a labor of love!


Jesus, you spoil me, and I am forever grateful!  Such an exciting weekend with the Cannonization of St Theresa of Calcutta!  Also that is has worked out for all of us to be together!  I am filled with so much JOY and happiness.  I pray for safety in travels and in the pool... guardian angels watch over all!  We celebrate with The Bridegroom and his Bride, the Church as we are able to share mass together!  So blessed to share our Faith together!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
I had to go back and find this treasure... in Michigan 2 years ago with the girls and all the grandkids... we have added two since and two more to come!  Yes, meals were crazy huge and a production, but it was wonderful and delightful!  We will have our husbands and John to add along with the new arrivals... our picture will not be complete without Hallel and the two in the womb.  I love that I always need to update, and I am determined to get those, too!  Just ask my kids!




St Peter's Square for the big day!








No comments:

Post a Comment