Tuesday, September 20, 2016

'My mother and brothers are those who hear the Word of God and act on it." Luke 8:21

Easter in 2015 - Grandson, Dominic with St Dominic, the patron Saint of The Community of the Lamb!  Their motto for their life - "Wounded, I will not cease to love."  The spotless Lamb slain for our sins asks this of us in return.
Heading out in my blue apron to get some flowers to put in the Little Monastery Chapel - Lumen Christi/Light of Christ!  I just had the joy of sharing much of my story with a sweet lady, who is newly a convert to our beloved Catholic Church.  How I love to share my story!

I picked some branches and flowers in the front of Nancy's home this morning... I just wanted to add some flowers and branches to make me not miss the Little Sisters so much.  They spend great time and energy making the chapel alive with flowers and far reaching branches with leaves - the tree of LIFE filled with flowers and fruit - the Cross is now the Tree of LIFE!
The Crucifix St Francis saw in a vision is the one used in the chapel.
The chapel decorated for Easter in April of 2015... she what I mean and why I miss the flowers now that they are away in France?  Hallel showing many of the nieces and nephews the empty tomb icon under the altar!
The Light of Christ!
How I loved watching Hallel decorate the large lifesize Cross outside the monastery with flowers and branches - truly it was transformed into the Tree of LIFE!  I might have to add some tomorrow while I am here...
A last one from a year and a half ago here in KC... the two girls are now 4, and still so close/like sisters.  Dominic now has a baby sister and is not the baby himself.  See what I mean about the flowers everywhere, Cari?  My small addition is a far cry, but it helps them to feel closer while I am here.
My humble contribution had to have branches with leaves as part - this is familiar from our times with the Community here in KC and in France.

The Gospel today is maybe a bit of one of the swords that pieced the heart of Mary/Our Lady of Sorrows... it seems that Jesus is totally humbling her yet I do feel that knowing Our Spiritual Mother and loving her and having her with me daily on my journey through the rosary beads that travel through my fingers and the "Hail Marys" that call me ever to prayer... she totally does what Jesus says for his mother to do... "Hear the Word of God and act on it."  Luke 8:21  Is that not what Mary did by saying her "yes?"
Some roses growing on the bush outside of Jesus eating his mother's chin out of total LOVE for her!  One of my favorite icons as I have seen my grandchildren eat their mother's chins in this exact way!
St Agnes with The Lamb needed some too!  It was so fun to don my blue jean apron, hanging in the kitchen, and tend to the flowers as I have seen the Little Sisters do with so much love and devotion for Jesus, Mary and the Saints in their humble beautiful chapel!
When we arrived the day Saturday with the Vigil to happened that night... this was the flowers and greens we saw in preparation for the overnight vigil.  My humble flowers today dim in comparison, but I am comforted knowing that they are the Poor Little Sisters, and humble is very good for them.
These two picked these... you have to keep them in your sights at all times!
St Agnes on Easter Sunday!
Mary loves to put on her blue apron and help in the kitchen.  Hallel says prayers and dishes are her main jobs in her life as a Little Sister!
Easter Sunday before mass...
In our Easter duds - minus Pat, Maria's family and Nancy now has a new daughter in her sling, and Ruth will have #6 by next Easter!  We are starting to pray for a "real hug" from our Hallel soon, as it has been a year and a half.  She now has a nephew and niece to meet with another niece to arrive in a few weeks and one in April.
Bernadette takes a turn on the Little Sister's kneelers.  It is so wonderful that they can have this experience in their lives and, of course, consider this amazing option for their own lives.
One of my favorites from our time in April 2015... with 4 girls I would dress the girls alike, so it is fun to do that with granddaughters now.  I say that wearing a habit like 150+ other Little Sisters is not so new for Hallel.  She and her 3 older sisters dresses alike a lot when she was little!
I even had red plaid matching the girls... preparing Hallel for her habit!
My humble flowers by St Agnes... for some reason yellow is her color now and then.

Lord, how wonderful to be able to share my story with Cari this morning and hers with me!  To see her eyes alight with wonder at The Church filled with such beauty and Truth.  How my heart sings with the highest of Praise - Hallelujah!  I love you my Jesus and your glorious Bride, The Church!  From morning prayer this morning - Job 12:10  In God's hand is the soul of every living thing, and the life breath of all mankind.  On this feast day devoted to the Holy Korean Martyrs we know that no matter what we face that we are His!  May we die to self so that your Spirit may live and move and breath, and work, and play, and pray and touch others with your Truth and when necessary use words, and may I pray without end with every beat of my heart and every breath that I take... "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..."  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Greg just called about mowing the lawn today.  I said that this mother was praying that Hallel could come to KC this year.  "I am yearning for a real hug, and a mom can pray for that to happen, right?"  He wholeheartedly agreed with me!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Something that St Max lived and died doing!
Image result for st teresa of calcutta - quotes and images
For my dad this day and for me too!
Image result for st teresa of calcutta - quotes and images
Another great one for today!
Danielle Rose - Pursue me
A song she wrote for vocations!
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
The pot for heating water for doing dishes awaits their return...
Happy Birthday sweet little Romeo!  I know that grandma is a few days late - more like a week!  You now join the other 2 year old boys!   Today is cousin, Simon's birthday #12!
It looks like you had a great birthday!
He truly is a beautiful little ginger, who will soon have a baby sister to make him a real big boy indeed!
What did you start Simon?  Our oldest wonderful grandson is 12 today!  You are a wonderful model to the younger kids of being kind and looking to Jesus and Mary on this journey!  With your new brother or sister coming - you are blessed to have a large loving farm family!  We love you and happy birthday.  Bless-bless, Grandma and Grandpa and family

No comments:

Post a Comment