Saturday, October 8, 2016

"all one in Christ Jesus/those who hear the Word of God and observe it." Galatians/Luke

4 years ago... officer Joe returns home after the traumatic birth of his son, Patrick! 

Since a conversation with Mary a few nights ago, as I brought her home from swim team practice, and knowing that tomorrow will be Patrick's 4th birthday, and that his parents and the kids are camping in a tent this birthday weekend... Well, there are a lot of reasons that I am going back to this time in our lives.  Mary had mentioned that David and his mom were reading a book about the Sacraments, as this is his first Reconciliation and First Communion year, and that when they talked about Baptism Ruth had told them that I baptized Patrick, and that it had said in the book that anyone can baptize under critical circumstances.  I told Mary about getting a small vial of sterile water and baptizing Patrick "in the name of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit" as I placed water on his head.  "Your mom told me that I should baptize him as we were riding in an ambulance to NICU.  So as soon as we got them I got some water and baptized him surrounded by doctors and nurses and ambulance people and the other tiny other patients with parents here and there."
Joe was a good sport allowing me to get some of him in his uniform while I spent a month with them over the birth of Patrick and I left for home the day he came home from the hospital.

Some great messages in the readings for today and a carry over from Our Lady of the Rosary yesterday, and then into Saturday, which is devoted to The Blessed Virgin Mary each week!  She is with me each new day, so it sure feels wonderful to have one feast day after another for me as that is real life to me!  St Paul reminds us in Galatians that we are all one in Christ Jesus, and how I need to consider that more with each person I come in contact with!  Life can get pissy and we can feel negatively towards those we come in contact with, but wouldn't things lighten up and brighten up if we realized in our inner deeper level that we are united in Christ? It is called metanoia or change of heart, and we need it to take place in our hearts in small ways each day of this journey!
Therese and I, 4 years ago, and now she will have her first baby sister in about a month!

How do we manage to work that small change of heart each day?  The Gospel answers that for us... "Those who hear the word of God and observe it."  A prime example of this is what I am dealing with today and realizing that holding grudges and keeping that angry or wronged feeling within me is not helping anyone.  "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  is ringing in my heart, mind and soul. 


No more cows around our cute red barn... they are out in the pasture with the other cows now.  Talk about feelings of goodness and great JOY - having Ruth stop over with her two youngest and help us with a few things around the yard.  Thanks to their vision and hard work this is such a wonderful home for us now as they have moved into Ruth's childhood home on the farm!  She truly has the life she grew up with!  Just as the sun chases away the rain... I will allow this goodness and LIGHT fill me and chase away the negative prissiness that is engulfing me this morning.  "Look on the bright side."
Luke has one strawberry in his pail... so cute!

Lord, life has its ups and downs, but we are called to each day embrace The Truth we find in your Word and through your Bride, The Church!  We are given more than we could ever use each day of this journey to share the Way, The Truth and The LIFE - you, my Lord!  May I give without counting the cost and die to self so that you my bring the fruits of the Spirit into my life and that of those in my domestic Church/family!  Galatians 5:22-23New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.   Yes, Lord, wouldn't life be great if we could see these fruits abound in our lives?  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
It is like I look outside to see this amazing picture postcard!  The green grass looks like May and not October.  I should mow again this afternoon!  When I am out there I feel at peace and so happy with our wonderful peaceful home in the country.  I am happy to be put out to pasture, and letting the young family have the busy farm life!  They are happy with the change, too!  Lord, keep all safe!  Guardian angels watch over each one of us.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

I am his and so are you!

My friend, Scott Hahn, has found his rosary a wonderful prayer, too!

And Pope Francis, but my amazing St John Paul II adored the Rosary as I do!

I should start sharing this prayer with my many little ones!
Newsboys - We Believe
Chronicals of Narnia - God's not dead - Newsboys

A box of costumes for Romeo's birthday in Mid September.. and now tomorrow will be Patrick's 4th birthday!  We love you, Patrick, and are so glad that you are here healthy and strong!  Have fun camping on your birthday!
Romeo did get a costume, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment