Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Carrying the cross - knowing that the flesh will be crucified/bringing forth the Fruit of the Spirit!

I have company today as Ruth worked overnight at the hospital and is getting much needed sleep!  It is a cold and dreary harvest day, and the corn harvest continues and is out of this world!  Pat has never seen a harvest like this one!   We are thankful and in awe that the rains can come, and "rain makes grain!"
I had errands to run and realized it was Tuesday and I could fit in some time in the adoration chapel! The sorrowful mysteries on my new rosary blessed by Pope Francis and from Rome during the Canonization of St Teresa of Calcutta.  Very special gift from my cousin, who was there at that time! 

Meditating on the 4th Sorrowful/carrying the cross, I realized the growing fear and agony, with each step closer to knowing what lay ahead in the excruciating suffering and your death in the most painful way!  The words from St Paul to us in Galatians today brought that all rushing back as he speaks to us about how we are to be Christ's by "crucifying our flesh with its passions and desires."  It is really that horrible to leave our flesh behind?  We can make it that way with our selfishness and greed and pride and hatreds, jealousy, impurity, immorality, hatreds... St Paul mentioned them all and then some!

The gold!!!  I have always loved the sight of the corn... such a glorious gold!

If we can only leave our flesh behind and fill our lives with Jesus/The Holy Spirit and all the fruits, which fill our lives with the LIGHT of LIFE!  The refrain from the Psalm today in mass is so true and what we strive for... "Those who follow, you, Lord, will have the light of life."  Through the Cross we find LIFE/LIGHT/LOVE - all that is good...  Love, peace, joy, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control!  Oh, that these would fill my life and my world! 
Lord, thank you for the amazing harvest!  Keep all the farmers safe! 
I am very happy that my two girls with their 8 kids are having wonderful times together!  Nancy shared that this was the first time Josie had been down a slide... thanks to her big cousin, Therese!
A snuggly kind of day here at grandma's...

Another way of looking at the dying to self so that the Holy Spirit can produce good and holy Fruit of the Spirit in our lives/domestic Church/family!
Angel of God,
my guardian dear,
To whom God's love
commits me here,
Ever this day,...
be at my side,
To light and guard,
Rule and guide. Amen
My grandkids say this at night.  I pray to them each day to protect all of our family!


Yes!  May we walk forward carrying/dragging our cross and not be frozen by the fear of what we are called to suffer as we die to flesh so that the Spirit may use us as His hands and feet!  We must Trust in Jesus with each step we take down the narrow path!  If we didn't suffer the good times would not be near as wonderful!
This is a very enlightening article to read about how important marriage and family based on our Faith and giving without counting the cost is for those LIGHTS to be able to go forward and give as they have been raised in families open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!
I see the sun in the sweet smile and trying to come out through the clouds!
Bountiful harvest!!!
Cascading gold!






No comments:

Post a Comment