Friday, October 14, 2016

"heard the Word of Truth, the Gospel of your salvation... Do not be afraid." Ephesians/Luke 12

The sunrise pouring in the same picture window of our former home... now the home of our oldest and her 5 going on 6 children!  The new farm family.  The piano was left there and now the 3 oldest are talking piano lessons... Mary practiced a bit before school.  Grandma in charge while the farmers are out bringing home the cows from about 10 miles away! 
Beautiful sunrise on old and new windows in the remodeled farmhouse now filled with the young farm family!
The 3 interacting before we head out for a Friday at the Catholic School.  We are very blessed to have the same Catholic School that there moms, grandpa and his siblings all attended still going strong and helping us raise our LIGHTS for the world of darkness!
Beautiful dawn of a new day outside and lots of activity at beginning of a new day inside.  Pat was just here briefly, and asked me if I liked my new home.  "Yes, do you?"  "I am sure not here much.  I hope that this winter I can come home about 5p for the night."  "That would sure be nice!"
The etched angel on the front picture window - there since the holidays about 20 years ago.  Now she is crowned by the reflection of the new chandelier hanging over their dining room table where lunch and supper are shared by a family of 7 going on 8!  She has pondered a lot of ups and downs and changes for the better. 
Luke kept me company yesterday, while mom slept after an overnight shift. He helped me pick a 5 gallon pail of beets.  I had my first canning project in my new home!  All our other big projects were done in Ruth's amazing new canning kitchen.  It felt good to put up food and have a reasonably small canning job in my own house!

Filled with so much each day from the readings that the entire Church is reading at mass or at home or in monasteries of convents, or shared by married couples - Pat and I try to do morning prayer and the readings before we start our days, John and I try to do likewise before he heads off to work at the High School.  I love that I can read over the readings numerous times starting the night before I go to bed.  I get s well of excitement building inside at what they will be and what The Lord will show me to help me on my journey for each new day.
Cooked and sliced and ready to be pickled... 13 pints.  Yes there were a few almost white beets in there.

If we are armed with, and filled with and helped down the path with and given the courage to stand up for our faith with and led to the Truth with The Word each day... then we need not be afraid of being misled or swayed by the lies of Satan.  As Jesus tells us today we need only be afraid of those that can kill us and then cast us into Hell!  So with the LIGHT of Christ always there to guide us and bring us through all that comes our way - we need not fear!  I also have total confidence in everything my amazing beloved Catholic Church asks me to follow with my life!  I am not a shopping cart Catholic - I take it all as Gospel!
Lots of red!
 
We need not worry about taking missteps if only we will follow Christ in His Word, Sacrament, The Church with all its constant help to us through dogmas and teachings aimed at helping us to get to Heaven forever with Jesus and Mary and all the Saints!  Prayer is huge also and the sacramentals like the rosary are my daily companion no matter where I am or what I am doing!  The Saints are so important and helpful - they show us how we can persevere no matter what and they will intercede for us if only we ask!
I had to bring over all the canning stuff from Ruth's.  This canner was my wedding gift from Pat's siblings!  38 years of so much canning!  It is now missing a handle, but still used for many batches of vegetables and apples!

There are issues that cause me to get fearful of where our country is headed!  I must take heart and listen to my Lord this day.  I guess what is the worst part is how it appears that so many are "going to hell in a handbasket!"  Yes, I sound judgmental when I say that, but...  How I do pray that these horrible laws passed like abortion and same-sex marriage undermining the true meaning of marriage between a man and a woman... allowing so many to embrace sin and bring upon our country a culture of death!  Lord, save us and them from going down the wide path to doom!
13 quarts of beets - my first canning in my new home... a painting I did for John's year in the seminary.  Rose asked me if I painted it when I was a little girl.  No... its just the way I paint.

Jesus, I cannot let the fear overtake my Faith in The Truth and how it will overcome sin and death!  "In Christ we are also chosen, destined in accord with the purpose of the Holy One who accomplishes all things according to the intentions of his will, that we might exist for the praise of his glory, we who first hoped in Christ.  In him you also, who have heard the word of Truth, the Gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, which is the first installment of our inheritance toward redemption as God's possession, to the praise of his glory."  St Paul to us and the Ephesians 1:11-14
How can I doubt and worry when I am God's possession?  With the Holy Spirit sealing us to him - we can experience a small slice of heaven here on earth in our domestic church/family putting Christ first and allowing all the rest to fall into place.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
A special sight that makes me smile.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Cows out on corn stalks with the rising sun this morning.
These two are just 4 weeks apart in age, and they are close in other ways too!  It will be super fun to watch them grow up over the years, and hope they can stay close friends as well as close in age cousins!

Here is a page to vote for Paul as a face of agriculture!
Lauren Daigle - Trust in you
Lauren Daigle - How can it be
The harvest moon...
The corn is being combined around our house today...


No comments:

Post a Comment