Monday, October 31, 2016

"humbly regard others as more important than yourselves..." Philippians 2

Ruth always loves to go as a theme family on Halloween.  I am giving you a big hint about this year's theme.  This little guy goes "Tick Tock Tick Tock" everywhere he goes!  It is always super fun when they come by the house from dad to mom and all 5 kids making a special picture, and I take many! 

An early happy birthday to Luke, who will be 3 tomorrow on All Saints Day along with a new cousin to arrive and also his Aunt Little Sister Hallel's feast day!
Talk about taking many pictures...2 years ago Nancy was with us on the farm for Halloween week as Bill was traveling internationally for work... I took so many of these 2 year olds greeting each other by the door that my photo program made a moving picture of little red riding hood meeting the pink princess!
Baby Dominic in a lion costume we had around.  I just talked to Nancy, who is coming back from a week with Bill's family in Pennsylvania.  Ruth was describing her theme for this year to her over the phone.  I will wait for the big unveil with pictures tomorrow.

So much of my thoughts and constant prayers are flying to Missouri this last week more than ever.  We will welcome our granddaughter, Evangeline Mary, tomorrow.  I will be hugely relieved to have her here in her mothers, Father's and sibling's arms!  I know that Therese will have a hard time giving the others a turn!
How's that for a great picture?  I recall this time 2 years ago and how fun this was to share with my two daughters.  Nancy has added Josephine since then, and Ruth is expecting her daughter in March during calving on the farm!  This window still is at the front of Ruth's home and there bushes for the time being... next year a porch will be here instead, and that will be wonderful for them!

I found myself feeling emotional for the first time about our farmhouse which is now Ruth and Paul's last night, when an Alaska show Pat and I would watch together by the wood stove when the farm would slow down.  It was super great to hear Rose tell me today that she loves her new house much better, and doesn't miss this one.  "It's because we are on the farm, right Rose?" asked her mother, and Rose agreed.
With all these little ones there is constant motion, but such loving and adorable motion!
With all I took again one that moves - don't get seasick.  No, the toothbrush was not part of Bernadette's costume - she could be the tooth fairy princess?!?

How I love to ponder and meet Jesus in The Word each day!  Now we are being fed with the rich feast of St Paul to the Philippians, and it is not disappointing at all!  After some humbling experiences lately that John and I shared at breakfast with morning prayer in the dark this morning... I deeply aware that I have no reason to place myself above anyone!  These words today are so true...
Do nothing out of selfishness and vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than yourselves, each looking out not for his own interests, but also everyone for those of others.

What an amazing difference there would be in this world if we all did this! 
Today they are both 2 now, but tomorrow Luke will become a 3 year old.  He just put up his 3 fingers for grandma, and he is ready to be 3!  He potty trained himself in the last month... a few months off of diapers for Ruth!

Jesus tells us in the Gospel today something that I see put into action by my family of the Lamb!  They take the banquet along with them as they knock on the doors of the "poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind..."  How do they do this when they are begging for their food from the poor?  They are Christ knocking as they take Jesus in His Word to share with all that they encounter.  They share this Truth and LIGHT with all and then ask for their prayer requests to take with them to mass and Adoration each day.  How humbling is it to beg for what they are able and willing to share with them?  Yes, they have been given a glass of water, and isn't that bringing to mind a Gospel from Matthew 25 - "When I was thirsty you gave me a drink.?"  The little Sisters and Little Brothers certainly place all others as more important than they! 
So powerful to be there in their humble yet beautiful prayerfilled chapel during Adoration.  The week I was there Monday started with a day of Adoration!  Jesus, on the altar!
The sweet faces and the bright beautiful color!
Some outside with grandpa's special apples fresh off the tree, and Lilly now is put out to pasture over here with me!  Lots of changes and growth since this time, and now a new family on the farm, and they are happy to be there an loving the family farm life sharing our Faith is foremost the glue that binds us together and gives us a small slice of heaven in our day to day lives!

The Gospel today - "When you hold a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind; blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay you.  For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."  Jesus to us!  It is really powerful and encouraging to me to be reminded that The Banquet each day for me is the Word that is read in every Catholic Church from St Peters of the tiniest in the back country... Jesus comes to us each day and we are filled with a huge feast of Truth/LIFE/LIGHT/LOVE/Jesus and his Bride, The Church!
Pat and his beloved mother yesterday sharing the feast of Heaven and earth - Jesus in His Body and The Word!

Jesus, how I long to humbly serve you and share the banquet with all those in my life!  May I die to self so that your Holy Spirit may work through me .  Rid me of my judgmental pride and looking down on others.  I know that you love all!  "If there is any encouragement in Christ, any solace in love, any participation in the Spirit, any compassion and mercy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, with the same love, united in heart, thinking one thing..."  St Paul puts is so well, and speaks my heart!  I sure do find this to be true in sharing our Faith as a family.  Thank you, Lord!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

Luke getting a back rub from Herbert the cat...  I am so thrilled to have my Ruth just 3 miles away and her stopping in often.  Family time is the Best!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
A huge mountain of corn outside of Lake Wilson the other day... so much corn this year!  Pat and Paul are in trucks waiting in line at the corn plant today.  Lord, thank you for the amazing crop and keep the farmers safe.
Me with Bernadette a year ago... her daddy brought this back from India!  The pearls John gave to me from a beat cancer auction - "Thanks mom for being with me for the fight for my life!"  I cried, but what else is new?  I also wear them constantly!  With all the costumes dress up is very big for the kids!  Just ask Maria about that, too!
Ruth's bunch last year - There was an old woman who swallowed a fly, spider, bird,cat, dog, cow, and the doctor that saved her!
Costumes just because they are fun in Missouri in Feb!





No comments:

Post a Comment