Thursday, October 13, 2016

"In Christ - every spiritual blessing in the heavens..." St Paul to us and the Ephesians!

A cool brisk day with Ruth's two youngest makes for a beautiful portrait of Fall on the farm!  They had just cleaned their plates at lunch and were out running on the bright green grass and through the hedge of bright leaves!  The corn field all around us here are yet to be harvested, but any day they will be put in the combine and into the bins and no longer stand golden and ripe and bountiful!
Out to get the eggs with caramel apple suckers... we had to take a few in the corn field there, as soon they will be harvested.
Sucker smiles in the corn field. 

It has been a delight to have our first reading for weeks now from St Paul to us through The Word of God.  First Corinthians, then Galatians and now today we are filled with so much from Ephesians!  So very much!!!  What jumps out at me as I read it numerous times starting last night?  "he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blemish before him.  In love he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ, in accord with the favor of his will, for the praise and glory of his grace that he granted to us in the beloved."  I just couldn't leave any of it out!  It is all so wonderful and powerful and glorious and gives us so much heart and hope and confidence that we are loved and saved and helped to carry our Most Cherished Cross and follow after Jesus down the narrow path!  "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me!"
Image result for i can do all things through christ scripture
St Paul to the Philippians!

We are given so very much each day to help us live up to that love poured out upon us before the foundation of the world!  Each life has been given this "call" how can so many reject LIFE and have no value for each new one from conception to natural death?  Satan is alive and well and filling the world with so many lies and filling our culture with darkness and the culture of death seems to rule! 
I will leave that burning question and heartache behind me - "get behind me Satan!!"  And focus on how very much we are given each day to assist us in striving to stand before our Lord "holy and without blemish" - forever in heaven with our Lord, Mary the Mother of God, All the Angels and Saints!

Do not lose heart, for there is more than we can need to stay on the path with every day of this journey!  He comes to us in The Word - Christ is there through the inspired Word to guide and direct us and give us the hope and courage we need!  St Paul also reminds us today of The Blood that redeemed us and we can continue to receive that grace and strength and Christ enters us through The Eucharist, and all the other amazing Sacraments that come to us through Christ and The Church! 
I have come to realize that those Sacraments that we can receive daily include more than we realize looking at them... Eucharist and Reconciliation are there daily for us.... our Baptism and Confirmation give us graces daily to help us and keep us ever with Christ through the entering into The Church and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us ever helping us to die to self so that Christ can live!  Matrimony, I have come to realize is a daily Sacrament that gives me the strength to face all that comes to me as I embrace my Most Cherished Cross and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!    Knowing that it is Pat, I and Christ united for life!  Looking at the mess that marriage and family is in... we realize that the Faith part is what we need to survive!
The shadows are so special along with the golden fall field and the clouds!
One more just because it is special on many levels!

I love, love, love the Saints!  Today is the 99th anniversary of the Miracle of The Sun at Fatima!  I also love all the celebrations of anniversaries and feast days and Saints for each day!  So very much to hold close to our hearts, minds and souls!  These days with so much about the candidates filling us with angst... it is always a joy and relief to find something uplifting and centered on The Truth we find through the dogmas and teachings of The Church!  Let us keep our eyes focused on Heaven.  My loved ones there that I pray for daily keep my eyes on heaven - my 7 children, 3 grandchildren, my sister, Mary... They lift me up on Eagles wings and I know of their prayers for me!
Lilly getting some love...

Lord, I am filled with more than I can ever need with each new day!  How I love to find my beads/rosary and be lifted up in prayer through your Mother, Mary Queen of Heaven and earth!  She is always giving me her gentle peace and hope and love and care for all those that have been entrusted to me in this life... those in my domestic Church/family!  The Saints walk with me and intercede for me - most especially St John Paul II, who was our light and guide through our first 27 years of our marriage.  How he Loved Our Lady and LIFE and the rosary and Family/our Domestic Church!  Talk about someone who went to Reconciliation every week!  How much could I work on my weaknesses/sins if I could get there more often?  Lord, I love you with all that I have, and pray for our country!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Peach pie and coffee - 3 farm women having lunch and sharing time on a fall afternoon.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Our Lady sure has appeared to us over and over, and given us so much to help us on this journey!  How I love her, and to share that with my son, John, is the best!

Is there hope in the readings for our country?  How about this?
Psalm 98
The Lord has made his salvation known:
in the sight of the nations he has revealed his justice.
He has remembered his kindness and his faithfulness
toward the house of Israel.
The Lord has made known his salvation.
I take heart, knowing that Jesus is in control!
This article is worth the read with an open heart...
A few more fall ones..
cooling off on a fall day - reflecting on this beautiful time of year.



October 13th is the 99th anniversary of the "Miracle of the Sun" at #Fatima, Portugal. Three shepherd children (Lucia, Jacinta, and Francisco) claimed they had repeated visits and messages from the Blessed Virgin Mary (identifing herself as Our Lady of the Rosary), who told them that a miracle would occur at her final visit on the 13th of October “so that all may believe” in her warnings to the world.
At the appointed time, before a crowd of an estimated 70,000 witnesses, in... the middle of a rainstorm, the clouds lifted and the sun was seen in the sky as a spinning disk with great rays of fantastic colors emanating from it, casting a rainbow of colors over the earth. As one columnist reported, “Before the astonished eyes of the crowd the sun trembled and danced.”
Then, suddenly, the sun seemed to fall from the sky until it almost crashed to the earth, to screams and shouts from the onlookers, but then it stopped, slowly making its way back into the sky. Many of those present wept and prayed in recognition of the miracle they awaited, and of the repentance it stirred in their hearts. All who had been soaked by the rain then became perfectly dry.
The apparitions of Our Lady at Fatima were declared ‘worthy of belief’ by the Catholic Church on 13th October, 1930 – just 13 years after the Miracle of the Sun. Nine years later, in 1939, the greatest war in the history of the world erupted—as warned by the Blessed Mother if mankind did not reform themselves—spreading atheist ideologies and killing an estimated 70 million people. #BecauseFaithMatters



Casting Crowns - Glorious day
God's not dead - Newsboys

No comments:

Post a Comment