Saturday, October 29, 2016

"Jesus is Mary's only son, but her spiritual motherhood extends to all men whom indeed he came to save." CCC 501

Mary in Kansas City at the chapel of the Little Sisters of the Lamb a few years back.  This day is filled with MARY!  Saturdays are the feastday of Mary each week, and rightfully so as she is our Mother and the Mother of God!  John was just saying that no one has to remind him that he has two of the most amazing mothers - me a bit distant from Our Lady!  I have no jealousy or hurt because John and I share such a deep and profound love for her!  I just read to him this line from the Catechism of the Catholic Church - another CCC!  "Jesus is Mary's only son, but her spiritual motherhood extends to all men whom indeed he came to save."  It is so glorious and I am filled with joy at having this I can quote sharing the deep feelings I have for this Truth!
Sweet Mary last night in a play at Holy Redeemer School... she was in a group of wood elves that sang and danced in Rapunzel!  Yes, they were French, and I am sure that Hallel would get a total kick seeing her niece in it.  It also happens that Pat's sister, Mary, is here with her mom and is very excited to go watch granddaughter, Mary, this afternoon at her former school she attended for 9 years!  As I said Marys are filling my Saturday!
A group of elves and Mary was the youngest!  Since being in the Missoula play 2 years ago and the Community Theater with John and her younger brother, David, this summer.  The bug has bitten and the stage lights are bright.  We all know that there are disappointments, too!  It is just so nice to see her spreading her wings and having fun!

The readings for today are wonderful as always!  It is so great to see that we go now from Galatians, to Ephesians and now St Paul to the Philippians!  St Paul speaks about how he longs to be forever with Jesus in heaven, yet knows that he is needed here to help others on their journey to find Christ and have that change of heart.  I do relate so much!  These words ring like a bell for me -
For to me life is Christ, and death is gain...  I do not know which I choose.  I am caught between the two, I long to depart this life and be with Christ, for that is far better.  Yet that I remain in the flesh is more necessary for your benefit.
I will say this that if you center your lives on Jesus with the help of your Faith - for me that is His Bride, The Church... that you can experience a small slice of heaven here on earth!  If you can share that Faith with your Family it is a beautiful healing and life-giving thing!
The little ones were adorable mushrooms that added to the cuteness factor.

How do we manage to bring that kind of Faith into our domestic Church/family?  Jesus has the answer to that today - by being humble and be willing and seeking to be the last rather than the first!  How does this happen?   We realize that if we fight for what we want and that we are always right - peace will not reign!  We need to give up our selfish desires and ambitions and put the other first!  Humility is hard, but we have a supreme example from our Spiritual Mother!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, whoever is not humble strives in vain to be devoted to Our Lady.  There is no love for her without humility, for how could it be that she, who is humility itself, would be served by pride?"  Sr Juana Ines de la Cruz (1695)
Therese praying in St Patrick's Cathedral in downtown El Paso for her brother, Patrick, 4 years ago!
Mary is always there to hear our heartfelt prayers!  Her rosary prayer got me through the battle for John against brain cancer and saving Patrick's life and now a healed and healthy little boy!
I love the icons where Jesus is eating his mother's chin out of LOVE!
I have seen that LOVE demonstrated by my grandchildren for their wonderful mothers - open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!

Jesus, how filled I am with so much gratitude at the sinless womb you chose to enter the world through - your mother and mine - Mary, the Mother of God!  She is so important to me as I face all that comes with life.  I long to imitate and become humble as she is.  May I die to self so that you may live in me - your Holy Spirit allowing me to bring the fruits of the Holy Spirit into my domestic Church/family and my world.  Please be with us in this critical election in our country.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
My champion for LIFE with our first daughter 36 years ago.  On our way over to milk cows in the morning - Ruth would go into the farm house and snuggle with Pat's parents in the morning while we milked the cows!  A special time indeed.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke







Litany of Humility - Danielle Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment