Sunday, October 2, 2016

"Let us kneel before the Lord who made us." Psalm 95

A small fall display for mom's 97th birthday today!  I know that her fondest wish would be to have her kids around her, but with harvest and busy lives of those further away there will not be that possibility for her.  How we all marvel that she was able to attend her granddaughter., Julia's wedding, and be with all of her kids!  A most cherished photo brings a smile from her yet!


Mom is a great lady, who has kneeled before her Lord in work and in prayer for her very long and wonderful life.  As her granddaughter, praised her today on the birthday they have shared now for 35 years..."Happy birthday to my birthday partner and one of my very best friends. My beautiful Grandma Anna Verly turns 97 today, and is a true example of family, love, honesty, grace, work and faith - and if I am half the woman she is, I'll take it. "  So true!
Able to share mass with our farm family and seeing them serve on the altar... Simon and Mary serving and Paul reading the Word!  Paul added a special petition for all those farming as they make up much of our parish in one way or another!

In the readings today we are reminded of how we are to humbly come before the Lord and serve him with our all and not count the cost.  We were given a way to work on this daily by coming to the Lord on our knees in prayer and service!  I was blessed by my Hallel with a card on my 60th birthday using the 60th Psalm to speak to us, and have adopted this now.  So when I saw that the Psalm for today's mass was the 95th, I wondered what the 97th would say for Pat's mom today?
11 Light dawns[c] for the righteous,
    and joy for the upright in heart.
12 Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous,
    and give thanks to his holy name!
It did not disappoint!  One thing about Anna Verly is that she is positive and giving and looks on the bright side.  The LIGHT truly dawns on her and I pray that she can have a wonderful day with friends today.
Paul and Pat know how many prayers are needed for farmers to be safe and sane this time of year!  Lord, hear our prayer!

In the reading from Paul to Timothy today... he speaks of how he has laid hands upon those followers of Christ as they knelt before him asking for the Holy Spirit to come and dwell in them.  Kneeling before the Lord who made them!  And then going forward to humbly serve filled with the Spirit "of power and love and self-control."  Not the power as the world tells us involving our own selfish gain, but the power of the Holy Spirit at work in and through us as we become his hands and feet!
Simon and Mary up on the altar.

In the Gospel today the Disciples ask for Jesus to increase their faith.  And he responds with the "faith the size of a mustard seed"  and how we can accomplish all with only a small amount of Faith.  Why do we struggle?  Because we want to take our lives into our own hands and be in control.  It doesn't work that way!  Jesus is in control and he is our Lord and Savior and Master of our lives!  How does the parable then apply to us?   We are called to give and give and give somemore.  We are the servants and not the masters of our lives.  How do we live this out in our daily lives?  By loving, forgiving and serving those in our domestic Church/family without counting the cost.  We do not need to expect praise or thanks or gratitude or appreciation or pats on the back or anything in return we are to humbly work and pray on our knees and realize that we are only doing what we "are obliged to do."  Jesus, died for our sins and forgives us unconditionally and we are asked to follow after him carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and following after him!  That is how we find true happiness forever in heaven with our Lord who made us!
Then Mary and her family helped with rolls after mass.. True servants they are learning at Church just what the Lord asks of us!

Jesus, we were just kneeling before your throne as heaven came down to earth as you became our Eucharist/your Body and Blood.  We rejoice with all the angels and Saints - "Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God of Hosts!  Heaven is full of your Glory! Hosannah in the highest!"  May we allow you to work in our lives and may we leave our "I" behind and embrace your Truth that you are showering me with your LOVE and are bringing me to be with you forever in heaven as you guide and direct my life - Jesus, you are in control!  I give my life to you on my knees in prayer and service.  Jesus, I trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
All that we long for is our Faith/Family/Farm!  Pat's mother is a true example to me of that Truth!  She taught me how to be a farmwife, and she is the best example I could have ever hoped for.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke

It is the feast day today of the Guardian angels but the 27th Sunday of Ordinary Time overrides it.   Still worth mentioning!
I need to remember this more!
From Nancy yesterday in KC... she has a special place in her heart for water, rocks and mud!  Her kids are blessed!

It seems that everyone loves October!  I agree!

St Therese was yesterday, but I thought this was so special that the day after works, too!
Danielle Rose - Litany of Humility
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Casting Crowns - Praise you in the storm



No comments:

Post a Comment