Tuesday, October 18, 2016

My beloved Patron Saint Luke! Barbara Luke here!

My sister, Mary, and I on a return visit to Lake Michigan.

I wanted to look into the eyes of a newly brought into The Church - Barbara Luke! What Joy I see there and each day of this journey in The Church has filled me with that great love and joy!

 Today is the feast day of my most beloved patron Saint - St Luke, the evangelist!  I had walked forth after my parents and with the older half of my siblings at a huge adult confirmation and taken the name of St Luke for my patron saint... he was a physician and I was soon to become a nurse. Luke was a lover and painter of the portrait of Mary the Mother of God - I so appreciate this in his Gospel!  I was looking for a picture at "the farm" as those are my most cherished romantically in love with The Church memories.  Our entire family of 13 converted to The Catholic Church in 1971 - taking our first Holy Communion at Christmas Midnight mass at The Cenacle Convent in Wayzata.
The family at The Farm... all had entered The Church!

Able to do morning prayer this morning with John and Pat... the tears flooded my eyes as my heart rejoiced for my being called and brought into The Church along with my entire family!  So special to share that with my parents, foremost, and my siblings!  My father became a permanent deacon with the first deaconate class in the Twin Cities, and continues to teach me and support me throughout this journey of Faith and Family!  I am too blessed! 


Pat and I cannot get over this gift we received yesterday!  Hallel actually being at the same place - St Paul outside the Walls in Rome, Italy - at the same time as these wonderful family friends from Marshall!  It is just too miraculous that, now for the second time, Hallel has found herself in huge cities with millions of people and many churches... to be at the exact church and at the exact time as friends of hers and ours!  If they had taken her contact info and tried to meet up... that probably would have been impossible, but to just run into each other - a total work of the Holy Spirit and a miracle!  I am filled with so much awe for how The Spirit is at work in Hallel's life.  Why should it seem so impossible to understand?  When she is his spouse and spends hours at prayer, mass and adoration each day - she hears his voice and his call very clearly obviously!  Starting with his call to her to answer his call for her to enter The Community of The Lamb
I just have to share this once again!  Running into the Timmermans in Krakow during World Youth Day!  When we haven't seen her in person for over a year and a half - you can only imagine how precious these are to us!  The hugs they get are for us, too!
A new puppy at Ruth and Paul's ...Jenny hope your life is long and full of love and adventures.

It is such an amazing day!  I am spending it with little Luke on this his feast day, too! 
Luke with his new puppy and clean blanket coming over for the day with grandma. 
Happy Feast day, Luke, I will always tell you about how amazing your namesake is!  He has blessed us with the such beautiful rich images of Mary - The Annunciation, The Visitation, The Magnificat, the Canticle of Zechariah, Canticle of Simeon... How you LOVED Our Lady and now have helped us to honor her with her Son in Heaven!

Jesus, I am so in awe of how you are at work in our lives and how many blessings you have poured out on me since I have come into The Church!  I am so filled with LOVE and love and more love for every last bit we are given each day of this journey through our Lord Jesus Christ and His Bride, The Church!  I love and adore you with all I have and am and hope to be always totally and completely yours... Barbara Luke here and I only wish to serve you, Jesus, without counting the cost.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Two Lukes having a great special day together.  St Luke, pray for us!  This calls for some sweets in the form of St Luke Cake!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
John on his last night of coaching volley ball - now on to speech coach!
Mary begins her swim career with the swim club... grandma sat and watched and the memories of many years with my girls was strong and surprisingly good to relive!
Life is certainly rich and comes fill circle to bless the next generation....  How we smile about the young farm family so close and having the lives their mom had!
The morning glory outside of Ruth's reflect the beauty and JOY in my heart this day!

#SaintoftheDay St. Luke the Evangelist (1st c.) was a well-educated Greek physician and native of Antioch in Syria. He was one of the earliest converts to Christianity, believed to have been one of Jesus' seventy disciples. He was a follower of St. Paul the Apostle and spent most of his life evangelizing with Paul in Asia Minor up until the time of Paul's martyrdom in Rome. Luke wrote a canonical ...account of his apostolic journeys with Paul, the Book of Acts, as well as a biography on the Life of Christ, the Gospel of Luke; the two books of Luke's Gospel and Acts of the Apostles were originally a single work. The intimate accounts contained in Luke's Gospel of the early years of the Life of Christ (the Visitation, the Nativity, the Presentation, etc.) lead many scholars to believe that one of the eyewitnesses he interviewed was the Blessed Virgin Mary herself. According to tradition he was also a skilled artist and painted the first icons of Our Lady with the Child Jesus. Several of these icons are still venerated today, the most famous in the Church of St. Mary Major in Rome. St. Luke is the patron saint of many trades including artists, painters, doctors, surgeons, and bachelors. His #feastday is October 18th. #MorningOffe

Happy Feast of Saint Luke, the only Gospel writer to give us the Parable of the Prodigal Son. God rejoices when we turn to him, as the father in the parable does: “Let us eat and make merry; for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found” (Luke 15:23-24)

So much is given us by The Saints - How I love, love, love them!
St. Maria Goretti was born on this day in 1890. Join us in celebrating her life and praying the St. Maria Goretti Prayer: St. Maria Goretti, Help me to live a life of holiness As you did, To serve others in all that I do, To seek purity, To forgive always, And to want for nothing more Than to be with Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen
October 16th!  The kids always asked us to read the life of St Maria Goretti!
Bernadette helping at home!  She is a good helper!

Danielle Rose - pursue me
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
All we need do is open the door and fall on our knees!  He loves us with his life!
A poster from Missouri - a shower by Therese and David for their new sister due on November 1st - All Saints Day - she will share her birthday with Luke, who will be 3 on that day!
The brothers got hair cuts!



No comments:

Post a Comment