Thursday, October 27, 2016

Prayers for "my children" each morning to start our day! Putting on the armor of God!

I was contacted by a great high school friend of Susan's/Hallel's yesterday - now my friend, too!  Her unexpected greeting and words of love about how much Susan's friendship meant to her, and how much she likes to see pictures of her from time to time that I share, led me to this one taken just as we were leaving her for the last time a year ago Easter.  I was soon to get my last "real hug" before we parted!  As I read the wonderful words of her friend yesterday - I wept at how deeply they touched me, and it was one of those special moments that gives me great comfort and that special touch that I get by those that remember her with love.  Thank you, dear Jessica!
Hallel showing her precious nieces and nephews the empty tomb in the glorious chapel filled with such beauty from flowers galore!  She had just met Dominic and Luke for the first time in our visit and has yet to meet Romeo, Josephine, and Evangeline, who comes into the world through scheduled C-section on Nov 1st in just 5 days!
Dominic got ahold of her rosary that always hangs at her side from her belt, and the two girls found bells to ring the JOY of Jesus rising from the dead and death has no more hold over us!  "By his wounds we are healed!" video

It was delightful to join with Pat and John for some morning prayer in the kitchen!  The prayers for our family and those that ask of our prayer are so important and when we all share them - the voice and heartfelt prayer of the 3 of us praying for Maria and Evangeline on these last days til birth, for example... just fills us with the knowledge that we have been heard and answered! 

When Pat prayed this morning a word he used so specially really grabbed my heart...  "I pray for my children this day, that the Lord will be with them and their families."  I knew that the Gospel today mentioned "children" in the sad prayer of Jesus over his beloved Jerusalem.  "How many times I yearned to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings..."  Luke 13
It has been said about my husband that the only thing that would truly make him happy would be for his 5 kids to live within a 10 mile radius.  I think the fact that Ruth and Paul and their 5 going on 6 now live where he works all day has helped him missing the two that are a day away with their families.  And then there is Little Sister Hallel in Rome, and we know of her prayers and love for us each day as she lifts up our family and our needs.  I know of her prayers for us in front of the Blessed Sacrament each day and that means the world to us! 
Hallel and Nancy with Nancy's 2 boys!  Gus, who is now 5 and Dominic who is now 2.

I was super excited to read to my men the first reading from Ephesians 6:10-20!  I am so thrilled to be reminded how amazing St Paul to the Ephesians is!  Today he shares the "Armor of God!" 
First Reading: Ephesians 6:10-20
"Brothers and sisters:
Draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm
against the tactics of the Devil.
For our struggle is not with flesh and blood
but with the principalities, with the powers,
with the world rulers of this present darkness,
with the evil spirits in the heavens.
Therefore, put on the armor of God,
that you may be able to resist on the evil day
and, having done everything, to hold your ground.
So stand fast with your loins girded in truth,
clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,
and your feet shod in readiness for the Gospel of peace.
In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield,
to quench all the flaming arrows of the Evil One.
And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God.
With all prayer and supplication,
pray at every opportunity in the Spirit.
To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication
for all the holy ones and also for me,
that speech may be given me to open my mouth,
to make known with boldness the mystery of the Gospel
for which I am an ambassador in chains,
so that I may have the courage to speak as I must."
What could I possibly leave out?  It is all too wonderful for words and fills me with so much encouragement in facing down the devil in my life!  Our Faith is a shield to be held out and keep away the attacks that come our way!
A parting shot before we all headed for home - until next time...we know not when, but we know of your prayers and love for us!  Hallel called me for my birthday a few weeks ago, so we were able to tell her about Ruth's little girl to join us in March.  It is always so good to know of her prayers... especially with the challenges the girls face.
video
A blessing in song as we are about to leave.  A very special send off each time we leave them... until next time!
Susan and her Simon after the Easter Vigil that went through the night!  How she loves her oldest nephew and they have birthdays just 2 days apart!

Lord, I am so uplifted and encouraged and given courage this day by our prayers shared, Hallel's prayers for us, and the Word of God that fills this day with so much Truth and power and might given us if only we die to our selfishness so that you may live and move and use us to your honor and glory!  We are given the armor of God to protect us and allow us to share our LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE with all those we encounter each day - most especially those the closest to us in our domestic Church/family!  May we never forget that we have the sword of The Spirit to slay all that tries to separate us from you and our journey down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross and following after you til we arrive in heaven forever with you and your Mother, Mary, and all the Angels and Saints!!.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Easter Joy!  Pat came next - someone had to stay home with the cows and calves, so we came in our usual shifts and carloads!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Pat's mom spent a long time taking in the miracle picture of her with all 9 of her kids taken in August at Julia's wedding. 
"That's a lot of people."  as she took in this amazing site - the crazy part is that this is just a bit over half of her family in this picture!  Ruth with her 5 kids and John had left for home already, Maria and her family weren't there, nor was Hallel and many others.  This was about 50 of her almost 90 family members!
Comparing the two... my picture was in her home from the day after the wedding!  Interesting to see the professional one now.  "Yours is good." 
We had 1/2 inch of rain, so Pat stopped in...
Then silly Mary from play practice to give great-grandma and grandpa bunny ears!
While they were eating supper - Pat's mom reached out and took his huge hardworking hand in hers... so touching to see!
How much she loves to share her final journey in this world with her children.  She reached out for hands a lot these days.  When I move her with the walker. She places her hands over mine.
The title of this is Autumn blessings, but it looks more like a huge heart behind him where he truly does dwell in my heart and with every beat of my heart - "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.."
I cling to this as Truth and know by the works answered that he is listening to my constant prayers.

Such a world change!

https://mncatholic.org/novena/  9 days of prayer for our nation!
Danielle Rose - Walk on water
Danielle Rose - Litany of Humility




No comments:

Post a Comment