Thursday, November 17, 2016

Being real as the blood of the Lamb!

Another day of strong connections to my daughter, Little Sister Hallel, and her Community of the Lamb!  The first reading today from Revelations 5 in which we meet the glorious humble Lamb of God!  "a Lamb that seemed to have been slain...Worthy are you to receive the scroll and break open its seals, for you were slain and with your Blood you purchase for God those from every tribe and tongue, people and nation.  You made them a kingdom and priests for our God, and they will reign on earth."  

I have total LOVE for The Lamb and, of course, a lot of it has to do with my daughter's Community and the symbolism of the innocent pure Lamb that without complaint went to it's death for me!
I sat and copied this icon, which I discovered in the chapel of the Little Brothers in KC while sitting out on the porch with Little Sister Inez.  Through the blood of the Lamb we are saved.  This verse at first sounded like Isaiah 55:1-2, which my father read at an Ignation retreat and was led into The Church.  But it is from John 7:37!
Now that I have a little sister as my daughter... I am gifted from time to time with time there as a contemplative, which was a deep yearning and call to me and continues to this day!   Each day I yearn to sit at his feet with my rosary beads and lift up my family and needs that come to me!

I am a bit shaken deep inside after a open and loving and real sharing with someone very close to me!  He told me that he and his live in girlfriend are coming for a visit.  He said that he was going to  propose, and I asked him they would be married on their long trip here and visit.  He informed me that they would marry later.  I was very forthright and real with this young man, who calls me his second mom... Cohabitation is wrong, and that when they come here they would have separate bedrooms.  He was put aback... I could tell, but I was not going to cast a blind eye and ignore the elephant in the room!  I am disappointed that the lies and sins of the world have been so accepted that young people are not even aware that it is wrong and harmful to their future relationships to cohabitate and use artificial birth control to prevent family until we are "ready" to welcome those perfect 2 kids.  Sigh!
 The Bridesmaids with their lamps lit...  The Gospel comes to life!

I just must be real and not sugar coat and The Lamb truly shows me that this path is what we are called to... The Truth with all it's blood and guts!  I know my young friend is kind of smarting and hurting when I tell him that I am "disappointed" in him, but is it better to be all smiles as he blindly goes down the wide road?  I think not!

Precious time in Lumen Christi - Light of Christ Monastery in KC in September!

In the Gospel today Jesus was very real with Jerusalem and was even brought to tears by his love for her!  Seeing how their sinfulness was going to result in her being smashed to the ground!  He tried over and over to save her with prophets and miracles and healings and words of Truth... may we never tire of sharing the Truth, no matter now painful, with those we love and know are misled and following the world's lies and agenda!
This cupala stands like a lighthouse on the roof of the Little Monastery!  The Lamb bears the motto by which they live in The Community of the Lamb  - "Wounded I will not cease to love."  So hard to do, but what we are asked to embrace as we take up/drag our Most Cherished Cross and follow Jesus down the narrow path to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT/Heaven forever with Jesus!
Oh my Jesus, give me the strength to lovingly share your Truth with total humility knowing that I am far from perfect myself.  May your Truth and LOVE change hearts to embrace all that you ask of us through your Word and through your Church!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Such a holy and blessed place that continues to be in my inner chapel each day.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
My Jesus... I am your humble servant!  May I be the humble spotless lamb in my life!
Another Hallel Psalm in mass today!  Psalm 149!
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 149:1B-2, 3-4, 5-6A AND 9B
R. (Rev. 5:10) The Lamb has made us a kingdom of priests to serve our God.
Sing to the LORD a new song
of praise in the assembly of the faithful.
Let Israel be glad in their maker,
let the children of Zion rejoice in their king.
R. The Lamb has made us a kingdom of priests to serve our God.
Let them praise his name in the festive dance,
let them sing praise to him with timbrel and harp.
For the LORD loves his people,
and he adorns the lowly with victory.
R. The Lamb has made us a kingdom of priests to serve our God.
Let the faithful exult in glory;
let them sing for joy upon their couches;
Let the high praises of God be in their throats.
This is the glory of all his faithful. Alleluia.
R. The Lamb has made us a kingdom of priests to serve our God
How I praise him and I know that Hallel does too!

Such a beautiful example of the Lamb today - St Elizabeth pray for us!

A sweet - little JoJo with her big loving brother!


No comments:

Post a Comment