Thursday, November 10, 2016

Home again - "refresh my heart in Christ."

Saying goodbye with a parting picture with my sweet military family before I headed to Nancy's.  It was such a close family time where my heart was refreshed in knowledge and love of my daughters and their families!
Then at Nancy's to spend some close time with 6 month old Josephine/JOJO.  Babies change so quickly and it has been a month and a half since I spent my week with Nancy and family while I occupied the Little Monastery for a week of being a contemplative!  The music to my ears was the sweet voice of little 2 year old Dominic saying "Gamma!" with excitement and love over and over.  He is a late talker which makes those words and look of love in his eyes so precious to me!
Working on Berna's birthday poster for Sunday - she will join the 4 year olds along with Rose and Patrick! 

I was gifted with a refreshment with my daughters and their families, and then to return to my husband and son and farm family also was much needed and special.  My first day back after 8 days gone feels good to work on the house and have prayer with John and Pat before work.  My heart rejoices and is filled to the brim!  So grateful for my time away and the good outcomes of getting our newest grandchild home safe and sound, and safe travels filled with hours of prayer on rosary, chaplet and Christian music, and now home to the warm loving welcome of my farmer and family here! 
This 8 year old girl adores her sister, and will be such a huge help to her mom! 

St Paul to Philemon speaks to of how he yearns to have his heart refreshed in Christ, and this speaks volumes to me after this last week and all the prayers and family time together.  Then the JOY and Highest Praise from the Hallel Psalm in mass today - Psalm 146... speaks also of all the prayer that I know comes to us and around us and over us and within us from our Little Sister Hallel and her Community of the Lamb.  Nancy shared that they went to spend some time with The Community after they got back along with a slide show and a pot luck!
Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 146:7, 8-9A, 9BC-10
R. (5a) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob.
The LORD secures justice for the oppressed,
gives food to the hungry.
The LORD sets captives free.
R. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob.
The LORD gives sight to the blind.
The LORD raises up those who were bowed down;
the LORD loves the just.
The LORD protects strangers.
R. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob.
The fatherless and the widow he sustains,
but the way of the wicked he thwarts.
The LORD shall reign forever;
your God, O Zion, through all generations. Alleluia.
R. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob.
My heart finds great lift and refreshment with my sweet Hallel Psalm of total PRAISE!  Psalms 145-150 - read them!
Of course the absolute most fun I had was my photo shoots with the sisters.  You might think that I am leaving out the boys... well, maybe, but with Therese long wait it just was something I burned to do!  She adores her brothers and has been a wonderful loving big sister to them all, but now she has a sister and that is just so special!  Berna also adores her sister and their bond will be so important to them over the years and their lifetimes.  I look at the girls and see how they are each others' best friends and hope and pray that this can be true for them, too. 
Be still my heart!   Now we await the news where they will be stationed next... our new lawyer and his family await...


Jesus, today in the Gospel you remind us that we have Kingdom of God in our midst if only we humbly turn to you and be ready at all times to come to you.  We know not the time nor the place!  How grateful I am for having my heart refreshed in Christ!  Jesus, I am yours and am so unworthy of your love!  Be with all the little ones - guardian angels watch out for all of us.  Thank you for LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE that fills our domestic Church/family... a small slice of heaven/the Kingdom of God in our midst!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
A watercolor to portray my full heart in a humble way.... Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
So happy to have her baby sister!
Come Alive - Dry Bones - Lauren Daigle
A big part of my trip home!












No comments:

Post a Comment