Thursday, December 8, 2016

"Hail, Mary full of grace!" greeted by the angel before Jesus was in her womb!?! Immaculately concieved!

Peaceful times with my precious mother-in-law.  Listening to our dear Mother Angelica leading the rosary with her Poor Clare nuns.  So many evenings just before bed mom would sit in her chair watching EWTN and sharing the exact same rosary with her.  The Glorious Mysteries for Wednesday.  At just about 3:30p the room emptied out and so I put on the Chaplet of Divine Mercy for us to sing together during the most holy hour when Christ died on the Cross!  A very powerful 20 minutes for us - I have shared this with my mother-in-law in the past... that I pray the chaplet not only for all those that are facing death but also each decade represents those that have gone ahead of us.  The first decade I pray for her husband Gerry, the second for her son Donny, the third for my sister Mary, the 4th is divided between my brother-in law and niece, and the 4th for other family members and past hospice patients and those that have no one to pray for them as they approach death or wait in purgatory.  Since I was sitting at my dear Anna's death bed the recent loss of her last surviving brother entered my prayers as well as her other siblings and their spouses.  I admit that I use the chaplet to pray for those that are probably on their way to heaven and need our prayers.  Since it is a prayer especially to help us on our journey and to bath us in the endless unconditional Mercy of Jesus... it was special to share it with my peacefully sleeping mother-in-law!
This is what we shared and I enjoyed singing along for her and for me and for all our dead!
Her namesake, Anne, arrived to charm us all... she was born the day after mom's 97th birthday!

Amazing LIGHT all around her!

I am filled to overflowing this day with the amazing feast day we are blessed with of The Immaculate Conception! 
How special to find this blog post from 2 years ago today!  We attended mass at the Catholic School and then went over for breakfast and sharing with Pat's mom in her home!
Two years ago today on the feast of The Immaculate Conception!  It just makes so much sense that God would have Mary entered the world conceived Immaculately!  She was to hold God in her womb!  So many amazing things shared by John, Pat and I in our morning prayers before they headed out for work...  This day a shoot from the root of Jesse; this day Mary was conceived without any stain of sin; this day she crushed the head of the serpent. (Traditional Antiphon)
John and I yelled out "Hallelujah!" when we read this!
"Grandma with candy" smiles while they all reach in for their one piece after they ask her and say please and thank you!

How I long to sit by her this morning and share the wonderfulness I have been given through the readings for the day and the prayers shared!  It would be an interesting moment with all those that no longer hold the Catholic Faith as Truth... most especially the wonder and beauty and gift of our Spiritual Mother!  How I love to have her always with me!  As I read the Gospel from my dear Patron Saint Luke to John this morning... I had to thank him for this and many wonderful moments we can see through his sharing her story!  Thank you St Luke!
I especially marveled at the words from the Hail Mary there plain as day - they are scripture verses/Gospel verses that we are repeating!  How can you go wrong?  Also the greeting of the angel to Mary - Hail full of grace!  The Lord is with you."  This is not because she has Jesus in her womb, which hasn't happened yet, but rather because he has chosen her and saved her and protected her and brought her into the world without the stain of sin... so that she could bear God in her womb for the salvation of the entire world!
Two peaceful Annes laying in the sunshine in the midst of their loving family!
The beautiful bookends of LIFE!


God chose Mary the Immaculate to be "a model of holiness" ... At Mary's conception, a new way of being human happens, and we are "chosen, destined" to share it.  Adam and Eve were tricked by the serpent's "conception." The yes of Mary at the Annunciation, the culmination of the Immaculate Conception, undoes the disobedience of  Eden  and makes paradise a possibility once again for us. - From Magnificat, Vol 18, No 10, Dec 2016

Love this from my Magnificat this morning!  I think you can guess what the first reading is from Genesis.  And we see how Mary has become the new Eve!
A portrait of PEACE!

Jesus with your Queen Mother at your side, we fall down before you this day and rejoice with all of heaven during this blessed time of year - the Second Sunday of Advent in which we welcome anew you Lord into our hearts, minds and souls!  We long to love and serve you with our all, and know that our Spiritual Mother is always there to bring our needs to you!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
The two Annes napping together in the sun!  I just got a call from the family that they were going to say a rosary with mom, and would I join them?  Of course!  I will be able to share this wonderful glorious Mary feast with them and with mother!  So filled with happiness and joy and love and peace and all the fruits of the Holy Spirit!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
A slight smile on their lips as they share a touch, a name and each end of wonderful LIFE!
Psalm 98 from mass today fills me with that wonder and awe!
"All the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation by our God.
Sing joyfully to the Lord, all you lands;
break into song; sing praise.
Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous deeds."




Mother Angelica - the Luminous Mysteries for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment