Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Conversions in my life! St Paul shows the way, and has profoundly touched us with The Truth!

The scene outside this morning is so pretty for our military family, who came from Missouri's, in between weather, with snow that leaves in a matter of half a day.  With the January thaw they have their outside time has been kind of wet and muddy as they find snow to dig in with their cousins.  The washer and dryer are getting a work out with load after another. 

With the snow this morning John had a two hour late start, so our morning was later, and we were given the opportunity to share the Office/morning prayer on this glorious inspiring feast day - The Conversion of St Paul!  His conversion was out of the blue - "blindsiding" him with a total reversal of his heart and passion from hating the Christians to leading the Gentiles to Christ! 
Taking in the beauty of nature on this January day...


The conversion of John and I was one of gradual and half-hearted changing of our hearts - when John half-heartedly asked for Faith and a week later was diagnosed with brain cancer.
I guess you would say that was quite drastic and he was also knocked down, but he knew that he felt nothing for his faith and his Church and that this was not a good place for him to be. 
In my own life the coming into The Church after my father and mother led us there through The Holy Spirit was such a profound turning point in my life that affects me deeply with each new day in The Church!
My father went from being a Protestant minister to being a Permanent Deacon in The Catholic Church!  Such a journey led by The Holy Spirit!  The Gospel that speaks to my father - Isaiah 55:1-2, which is very Eucharistic, and "I am the Way, The Truth and The LIFE." John 14:6  How greatly I am thankful for his direction in my life, and the way the Holy Spirit directed me through him, and then my husband!  I was going the way of the world especially my first year of college, and he converted my heart through a Charismatic prayer group at a convent with my first ever Sisters!  He then called my heart to The Church while living in a Christian Commune in Bolder, Colorado as I considered The Call to be a nun!  "I want to be a nun, so yes I want to be Catholic!"  was my answer to my dad when he gave me the option to follow him and mom and my 8 younger siblings into The Church!  The LIGHT was all around me not quite as drastically as St Paul, but the conversion was total and complete with a daily following of Jesus as my heart turned to The Truth - total acceptance of Jesus and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE without reservations for His Bride, The Church! 
My dad baptizing Nancy with her Godparents, my sister Mary and Pat's sister Marge, looking on...

How have I also been an apostle like St Paul in sharing The Truth and converting those to you, O Lord?  In my domestic Church/family the Faith has been shared with JOY and enthusiasm and total LOVE and acceptance without reservation!  The Lord has blessed us with a family united and sharing our Faith and living the Truth which The Holy Spirit instilled in us from the beginning of our married life - "We are called to be open to LIFE and to raise our children as LIGHTS!"  It is so powerful to be together with my girls, their spouses, and children and "see" for all to see the beauty of Family lived out without using words.
New Catholics about the time that my dad started the Deaonate... the famous weeds coming out of mom's head picture... probably thanks to me picking them at "the farm."

How I love to pour out my heart here with words and pictures... my fingers race across the keys of my computer with a gush of passion to share The Truth with the few that share with me how they gain from my sharing each day, and with hopes that others might accidentally be led here, too...  I love The Church so much and without reservation... every single bit of it's teachings and dogmas!  All of it!!!!  Hook, line and sinker... I pray to die to self each and every day so that Christ may live and work through me!
Out of my comfort zone with this remodel we are in the midst of with a house full of daughter, Maria and her family!  A true lesson in dying to self!  Lord, give me the strength, and may I serve without counting the cost!
Beautiful inside and out...

Jesus, I am so grateful for the story of St Paul to inspire us with our own conversion stories, and the promise that we too can be instruments of touching the lives of all those around us, most especially those in our domestic Church/family!  Use me this day to be your hands and feet and to give without counting the cost.  "Wounded, I will not cease to LOVE."  the motto of The Community of the Lamb as we embrace our Most Cherished Cross to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Jesus to us today in the Gospel - Mark 16
Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature.  Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Therese is the big helper with sorting and putting away clothes...
Home schooling going on in the kitchen. 
Psalm 117 from mass today - "Go out to all the world and tell the Good News."
"I choose you from the world, to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord."  Hallelujah, Hallelujah.
So interesting that the majority of Millennials feel that abortion is wrong!  To me it is so clear that this is a horrible wrong in taking the life of the innocent!
Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

Image may contain: text
Words of St Paul!!!
Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: one or more people and wedding
A daily sacrament is Sacred Matrimony to assist us on this most difficult path we are called to!
Image may contain: one or more people, people sleeping and text
Yes!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
May we see the souls of others more clearly with your LOVE, O Lord.
Image may contain: text
My daily life-line!
Image may contain: one or more people and text
So True!
If we are The Body- Casting Crowns
Casting Crowns - the Saint that is just me
Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment