Friday, January 6, 2017

Day 12 of Christmas...Epiphany/Manifestation of Christ in our lives!

The month I shared with Maria in El Paso three years ago at the traumatic birth of her 3rd child, Patrick, was a definite Epiphany as the Lord heard our pleas and protected and healed Patrick... a definite manifestation of Christ with us!

Maria and I have shared so much over the years... thanks to her always looking to Jesus to direct her life!  Each one of my children has brought along with them the manifestation of Christ in my life, as I share their journey with them, ,many epiphanies starting with the first time I knew they were in my womb as a result of embracing my Most Cherished Cross/Patrick Verly and finding LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! 
Joe home from Afghanistan to be with his family 3 years ago!

I know in a very real and powerful Truth that with each new life we welcome into our family - we will welcome grandchild #15 in a few months - that the wise men could come and exclaim to the world that each one is a manifestation of Christ come into the world.  LIFE is a gift to be protected and cherished from conception to natural death!  ALL LIFE is sacred and with our homes as a domestic Church we raise those little ones we are given to be lights to the world, and to make a difference in casting LIGHT into the darkness of sin and death!  No, each child is not Christ or God come in flesh, but they are adopted children through their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!
A picture of Truth... so much prayer and absolute healing took place as we were surrounded by prayer warriors, the Sacraments, The Word, the Saints, and our Spiritual Mother, Mary the Mother of God!  I was able to Baptize him just hours old in the middle of NICU surrounded by the tiny little ones in their bassinets, the nurses, doctors, and ambulance paramedics...''Patrick, I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."  The trinity stood with me and surrounded Patrick with The Church and the promise of God through his Son that he is beloved by Him and will be His now and forever!

"God gave us eternal life,
and this life is in his Son.
Whoever possesses the Son has life;
whoever does not possess the Son of God does not have life.
I write these things to you so that you may know
that you have eternal life,
you who believe in the name of the Son of God."
The first reading today at mass - I John 5:5-13  It is so wonderful to hear from St John each day at mass since Christmas and being reminded that we are HIS, and with The Holy Spirit directing us and testifying to us that..."God gave us eternal LIFE, and this life is in his Son!"
Hallel 3 years ago this spring with her little nieces and nephews... We have added 5 going on 6 since then.  As soon as we have needs in the family we are quick to call Hallel and her Community of the Lamb to have their prayers for us.  Many now look at Patrick and John and recognize that their many prayers were answered!
Yes, John's cancer was a huge time of Epiphany for our family and many around the world!  Finding Faith through Brain cancer and healing through Prayers and all that we are given by our Catholic Church!
How about when Maria discerned her call to be a Poor Clare sister?  So powerful to experience that life of total prayer, and then Hallel's call... 

It was wonderful to share mass on this Epiphany/12th day of Christmas with my husband.  We were reminded by Fr Paul that Epiphanies are happening in our lives all the time, whether big or small, and we need to recognize Christ's work in our lives!  We just found out that Maria and her 5 will be living with us for about 4 months as Joe goes through some training with The Army.  We are excited for this deep family time that we will share.  As we were walking into mass this morning I was saying to Pat that I probably won't be able to go to daily mass for that time due to the activities going on in our home each morning.  But Pat reminded me that I will probably be jumping in with our daughter and her 5 kids each day, as Maria has continued to get herself with her growing family of 5 little ones to daily mass over her 9 years of marriage, as she had before!  Unlike me, who let life draw me away from daily mass with kids and jobs and life on the farm... Maria has made it a priority no matter what she has going on!  Such a lesson to me, and wouldn't it be fabulous to share that with her and her family during this time?  Yes!
John being anointed of the sick by Fr Craig before his biopsy which continues to give him a handicap/ataxia to this day!  The new John is much more humble and that is always a good thing! 

I am having an epiphany - "a moment of sudden revelation or insight" - today as I write this... thanks to our amazing glorious wonderful Church that I love, love, LOVE... we are given epiphanies over and over each day as we are having a manifestation of Christ given to us through daily Eucharist, Jesus in The Word, The Saints that show us we can persevere no matter what we face, Mary the Mother of God, who is always there to walk with us and bring us to her Son... How we soar to Jesus and rise to be with him and love and serve him no matter the cost!
 Nancy's 4 this May with the birth of their new baby sister, Josephine!

Jesus, we see you in each new life and we see you in the LOVE that grows with each new member of our family... we are given more love and it is not stretched more thin!  I am so overwhelmed by the lessons I learn at the feet of my children as they take me ever deeper into my Faith!  They show me the narrow path is to be followed no matter the distractions or difficulties and they share with me in the times when Christ is manifested to us in difficult situations... the epiphanies that bring Christ alive and well into our domestic Church/family!  Come Lord Jesus and fill every moment of our lives with your LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT as we embrace our Most Cherished Cross and follow you to heaven forever!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Jesus reaching down from the cross to heal St Peregrine!  Yes, the cross is there to remind us of how we have been saved and are asked take up/drag our own!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
France is a miracle for both Susan and John!
"You have a Little Sister Hallel because of your call."  Sr JoAnn
Lourdes... The epiphanies are too many and fill me with JOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment