Thursday, January 26, 2017

Evangelization and Encouragement...

Maria is helping me daily go through a room full of stuff that I had just shut the door and wanted to forget about since our move almost a year ago now... in the mix was this lifesize picture of Therese at between 6 months to a year, and it was super fun to see the resemblance.  They certainly are sisters and resemble my daughters very much, too!  I also went through the scrapbook with pictures of babies Nancy and Maria, who were just 16 months apart and they look a lot like these girls, too!  The dark patch of hair is a very familiar trademark for my girls and now the granddaughters minus Nancy's 2 girls. 


Getting out to daily mass on some questionable roads this morning on this feast of St Titus and Timothy, who were sent out by The Apostle, St Paul, to evangelize.  His letter of "encouragement" to Timothy in the first reading today... Father encouraged us to send it out or one similar to it to those that are needing some support or call back to the Truth/The Church!  I remember you constantly in my prayers, night and day.  This is a true statement from me to my kids and their families and they depend upon those prayers!

She has the small pug nose that we call the "Cross pug" so that is going back another generation...All in all it is a very familiar face and such a delight to celebrate a new life!


I yearn to see you again, recalling your tears, so that I may be filled with joy, as I recall your sincere faith that first lived in your grandmother and in your mother and that I am confident also lives in you.
I am the woman of tears and my kids are never surprised that happy or sad... I melt into tears!  And in this domestic Church/family we are determined to do the work of raising LIGHTS and passing on our Faith with great JOY!  The Gospel for today is about the lamp put on the lampstand for all the house to be filled with LIGHT... "nothing is secret except to come to light."  We do not keep secrets around here... Why?  Secret to me signifies a dark hidden place - all is out in the open and dealt with or prayed for or taken to Jesus in confession as he surrounds us with his unconditional LOVE and forgiveness!
Thursdays has adoration following mass, and boy did I need my hour and a half I spent in there today!  So many graces and blessing flow around and through me!  Able to partake of Jesus in His Body and Blood at mass, and then sit at his feet in the chapel and lift up Family with The Rosary, our dead with The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and then the litany of our families in which I put each member... around 200 with both of our families... including the ones in the womb!  I think that my parents are expecting 5 new grandchildren, and Pat's parents in heaven are expecting 2 more.  Growing with more love to go around with each new one!
Another dark and gloomy day outside, but Jesus' LIGHT bright in the Adoration chapel... the Lamp/Lamb sent upon the lampstand to give LIGHT to all... "Jesus and Mary, I love you. Save souls!"  I repeat this 3 times after I complete the litany of our families.


The measure with which you measure will be measured out to you, and still more will be given to you.  Mark 4  The Gospel today!   I see lived out in all the prayer that fills my life... John came home after dark from working with his speech kids about half an hour away in a neighboring town..."Mom, I know why you pray to my guardian angel.  I just missed having an accident on these icy roads.  There was a car sideways in the middle of the road and I thought that I could not miss it, but I managed to miss it by inches and then I saw another one in the ditch!"

How grandpa loves having our house full with little ones!


Of course, when evangelization is spoken about much these days... I ponder how much good this daily pouring out is.  I get a few telling me that it is helpful and appreciated, but sometimes I wonder if I am just preaching to the choir?!?  I would love to think that I am evangelizing even in a small way.  I so admire my girls hard work.. especially Nancy with her many followers and sharing The Faith in small and sweet and special ways.  Ruth and Paul also share Faith and Farm and Family in many ways!
https://www.facebook.com/Smallthingswithlove/
http://familyfarmexperience.blogspot.com/
Some of those pictures of my first 3 dark haired sweet babies!  Yes, dark hair and eyes all around!


Jesus, how I long to share the deep love and devotion I have with each day of this journey in The Church!  It is so glorious to come to you in my inner temple each day with the rosary beads in hand, and now able to be filled with Jesus more days at daily mass and sometimes with my daughter and her growing family - 5 kids between 8 and 3 months!  There is nothing better in this world/a small slice of heaven to share Faith as a family generation after generation and to share that LIGHT/LOVE/LIGHT that only grows more and more with each new member - not stretched more thin!  Yes, it is so true that "to the one who has, more will be given!"  It is one of those amazing mysteries that fills our lives with wonder and awe.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Now to scan hundreds of pictures into my computer... Faith/Family/Farm is what makes my world go round!  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Image may contain: one or more people, text and closeup


No automatic alt text available.


No automatic alt text available.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you." – Jeremiah 1:5
Image may contain: indoor


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 4 people


Image may contain: one or more people, crowd and text


Image may contain: one or more people, closeup and text





No comments:

Post a Comment