Monday, January 30, 2017

"they went about in skins of sheep or goats, needy, afflicted, tormented..." Hebrews 11

The boys came home with haircuts thanks to Aunt Ruth!  They look not like the way that I feel with all the craziness that makes up my life these days.  I must admit that I am a bit frazzled today after a huge Sunday filled with work on the house and preparation for our next bathroom to be gutted and on we go on this cycle again of remodel the last bathroom.  Scanning the scriptures for today... I wasn't going to name this tizzy I am in similar to "Legion" being cast into the herd of 2,000 swine as we see in the Gospel today, but I did find something that kind of spoke to my inner and outward state... they went about in skins of sheep and goats, needy, afflicted, tormented.  The world was not worthy of them. 
 A place of peace and memory... Colman, SD church where my dad was a permanent deacon/parish administrator for 3 years from 95-98.  We passed right through it on the way back from our cattle sale on Saturday, and stopped in just as they were preparing for mass.  "Such a beautiful church!"


I just had to run to a neighboring town to get some vaccines for the cattle, and no radio on just the beads passing through the fingers of this "needy, afflicted, tormented" person facing so many decisions and very shaky in my abilities.  I feel the peace settle over and around me in my chapel on wheels.  I ask the Lord to give me what I need to get through this rough patch of house full of little ones all day and endless remodeling of bathrooms!
A sweet portrait of Jesus cradling and new little one in the Baptismal chapel, and Father in the confessional to be there to provide the Sacrament of Reconciliation for those in need of His unconditional LOVE and forgiveness and healing. 


When we shared morning prayer this morning John mentioned that it was good to hear Jesus tell this man, of whom he had cast out "Legion/there are many of us" to announce to his family and all what had happened to him... "Go home to your family and announce to them all that the Lord in his pity has done for you."  Yes, I need to take a deep breath and throw off my skins and get presentable and get into my right mind and share with my family all that the Lord has done for me in his pity.   I need to take one step at a time and realize that I can learn and do this.
A place of beauty and prayer as we shared travel, and visiting, and finding the realization that on the most important things in life we look at it together with eyes of Faith and love of The Church and all the Church asks of us as She helps us get to heaven forever with Jesus, Mary, All the Saints and Angels!  These small glitches and times of stress over the remodel is minor and should be dealt with a smile and understanding.... Lord, hear our prayer. 


Jesus, I am a mess and I know that this will pass and that I need only to look to you and Trust.  Jesus, I do trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb





Image may contain: one or more people and text
About 4 decades on the road and now for the 6 more!
Image may contain: bird, sky and text


No automatic alt text available.
Too busy to blog yesterday... something is wrong about Sundays being that way, but this too will pass!
Image may contain: text


Image may contain: 2 people, text
Yes!!!  On our trip I was able to share with Pat the revelation of the words of the Gospel suddenly making so much sense... "To those who have more, more will be given them..."  The more children we have the more love we are given.  It grows more and more and not stretched more and more thin!  Yes, how can we say there are too many children?  They are the most beautiful bed of flowers in our homes!  This would have been a better topic today to write about, right?
Image may contain: one or more people and text
I think Facebook is telling me something I already know!

No comments:

Post a Comment